BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this

+6
Curt
CVFRacing
bbf-falcon
QtrWarrior
the Coug
10SHOTS
10 posters

Go down

Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this Empty Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this

Post  10SHOTS October 24th 2011, 4:46 pm

http://www.cvfracing.com/Ford-FE-Engine-Crank-Pulley-1V-p/bbfe1cr.htm
it needs to be flat on the back
10SHOTS
10SHOTS

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this Empty Re: Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this

Post  the Coug October 24th 2011, 4:59 pm

Buy that one take it and drill the correct holes in it and go....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this Empty Re: Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this

Post  QtrWarrior October 24th 2011, 5:54 pm

the Coug wrote:Buy that one take it and drill the correct holes in it and go....

I've done that very thing, bonus is, one of those holes is in the correct location.
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 24th 2011, 7:23 pm

I might have a steel one Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this Empty We are adding another bolt pattern to this pulley

Post  CVFRacing October 24th 2011, 8:56 pm

10Shots

I wanted to give you a heads up that we are in the process of adding a second FE bolt pattern to this pulley. (There are two different 3 bolt FE patterns out there). I have 7 left of the old design with 3 holes but after that they will all have 6 holes and you may not have enough room to drill 4 more holes.

Is there a specific application for a very short 4 bolt crank pulley like this? It might make sense for us to add it, but I would need to understand the application so we can post it properly. Is it for the early 460 engines?

I hope I am not intruding on your message board but I saw this and felt like I needed to let you know about this pending change.

Nate
CVF Racing
CVFRacing
CVFRacing

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt October 24th 2011, 8:59 pm

I have this one

Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this Pulley

Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this Pulley2
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 24th 2011, 9:33 pm

Nice looking stuff, and looks just as good or better than the March stuff and the prices are very reasonable too. Thanks for the input on our site. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug October 24th 2011, 11:10 pm

yes there is a call for these pullies, I bought a march and it extends out like 3 or 4 inches. I would like one of the short ones so I can bring my alt back and not so far out front.....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 25th 2011, 8:22 am

[quote="CVFRacing"]10Shots

I wanted to give you a heads up that we are in the process of adding a second FE bolt pattern to this pulley. (There are two different 3 bolt FE patterns out there). I have 7 left of the old design with 3 holes but after that they will all have 6 holes and you may not have enough room to drill 4 more holes.

Is there a specific application for a very short 4 bolt crank pulley like this? It might make sense for us to add it, but I would need to understand the application so we can post it properly. Is it for the early 460 engines?

I hope I am not intruding on your message board but I saw this and felt like I needed to let you know about this pending change.

Nate
CVF Racing[/quot

Thanks for chiming in. imo, you are welcome here anytime Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf October 25th 2011, 8:25 am

I have used aluminum V-belt pulleys from Ford Racing and L&L products and I have never had any luck with them. They don't ever last long before the belt starts slipping and at that point there is nothing you can do to get any grip on the belt. I don't know if they wear some or just get a glazed finish on the inside but I will never buy another aluminum v-belt pulley. Just my 0.02.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this Empty pulley

Post  10SHOTS October 25th 2011, 9:24 am

[quote="CVFRacing"]10Shots

Nate
CVF Racing[/quote
I have a 460 ford using an alternator ,electric water pump and a crank trigger ,the crank trigger goes between the crank pulley and the ballancer ,the factory crank pulley has a slight dish on the back and will not work with the crank trigger wheel and the pulley on your website will make me have to move my alternator foward about 2 inches ,so if i had a 4 bolt pulley like the FE one it would make things much better .i looked on you site yesterday to call about this but theres no number .
10SHOTS
10SHOTS

Back to top Go down

Post  10SHOTS October 25th 2011, 9:29 am

bbf-falcon wrote:I might have a steel one Smile
is it up for grabs
10SHOTS
10SHOTS

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 25th 2011, 9:35 am

The March Part Coug referenced works, I have one On the 466 in my 84' Mustang. But like he said its not flush with the balancer, but it is flat on the backside.

I have a Flat Chevy 3 bolt pully on my other motor with a ATI damper (Chevy Pattern) If I remember right its a March one to.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this Empty Couple of options for 10Shot

Post  CVFRacing October 26th 2011, 1:13 am

The issue sort of comes from the fact that Ford had 2 locations for the alternator groove depending on what accessories you were running. If you are running Power Steering and/or A/C the alternator groove is right up tight to the engine and runs directly off the crank pulley. If your engine came only with an alternator only (no A/C or PS) then they put a tall alternator pulley on the alternator so that you could run 1 belt over both the water pump and crank pulley.

Some options:
1) You could run a 2 groove aftermarket crank pulley and leave the groove closest to the radiator empty. The stock pulleys are dished on the back but the aftermarket ones like BBFL2CR are not usually dished. This isn't the cleanest solution though.

2) You could run a normal 1 groove crank pulley and put a tall alternator pulley like BBF2ALT (sorry to list part numbers...I tried to upload a photo but since I'm a newbie the system wouldn't let me)

Nate
CVF Racing
CVFRacing
CVFRacing

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 26th 2011, 1:21 am

CVFRacing wrote:The issue sort of comes from the fact that Ford had 2 locations for the alternator groove depending on what accessories you were running. If you are running Power Steering and/or A/C the alternator groove is right up tight to the engine and runs directly off the crank pulley. If your engine came only with an alternator only (no A/C or PS) then they put a tall alternator pulley on the alternator so that you could run 1 belt over both the water pump and crank pulley.

Some options:
1) You could run a 2 groove aftermarket crank pulley and leave the groove closest to the radiator empty. The stock pulleys are dished on the back but the aftermarket ones like BBFL2CR are not usually dished. This isn't the cleanest solution though.

2) You could run a normal 1 groove crank pulley and put a tall alternator pulley like BBF2ALT (sorry to list part numbers...I tried to upload a photo but since I'm a newbie the system wouldn't let me)

Nate
CVF Racing

These are not stock applications, mostly race cars. Alt mount is some what adjustable and not a factory part. Some time you don;t want the stuff hanging out forward to much, Like the factory style pulleys.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 26th 2011, 5:41 am

10SHOTS wrote:
is it up for grabs

I will check too make sure it's 4 bolt. If so I will send it too you. I will look today. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  10SHOTS October 26th 2011, 9:32 am

bbf-falcon wrote:
10SHOTS wrote:
is it up for grabs

I will check too make sure it's 4 bolt. If so I will send it too you. I will look today. Smile
OK.thanks
10SHOTS
10SHOTS

Back to top Go down

Post  10SHOTS October 31st 2011, 12:39 pm

CVFRacing wrote:10Shots

Nate
CVF Racing
i need one, order # 474
10SHOTS
10SHOTS

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra October 31st 2011, 5:43 pm

you can get it from, Dennis at DSC motorsports.com Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this Th_IMG_1453
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug October 31st 2011, 7:26 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:you can get it from, Dennis at DSC motorsports.com Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this Th_IMG_1453

Dennis is (cocaine Rons ) buddy he is a crook as far as I am concerned................
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  10SHOTS November 7th 2011, 11:08 am

QtrWarrior wrote:
the Coug wrote:Buy that one take it and drill the correct holes in it and go....

I've done that very thing, bonus is, one of those holes is in the correct location.
well i got my pulley and none of the holes line up. and the center hole is to small .
10SHOTS
10SHOTS

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know where i can get a 4 bolt crank pulley like this Empty 3 BOLT PULLEY

Post  10SHOTS November 7th 2011, 11:19 am

CVFRacing wrote:10Shots

Nate
CVF Racing
Nate , none of the holes will line up and the center hole is to small, i need to sent the pulley back to you, thanks for your help
10SHOTS
10SHOTS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum