BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roots vs centrufical blower

4 posters

Go down

Roots vs centrufical blower Empty Roots vs centrufical blower

Post  Tennessee Bullitt July 6th 2011, 12:02 pm

Throwing an idea out here.... How would a littlefield 10-71 to a 14-71 blower be vs a f2 procharger as far as a 521 to a 528 cu in engine setup? The motor would be a wedge style headed deal at 8:5 - 9:1 compression range. Changing boost levels will be a must as far as mild for the street and turn up the boost for the track. Getting some ideas here for a new motor build. Seems even doing a 14-71 would yeild the best all around but not sure. Motor would only be turning 7,000 to 7,500 max rpms I am guessing, but nothing I would have to spin to the moon for any power.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Roots vs centrufical blower Empty Re: Roots vs centrufical blower

Post  Barney July 6th 2011, 12:17 pm

There are a lot of factors involved, I believe the F2 would make more power, but the roots would make more down low and reach peak boost quicker.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt July 6th 2011, 12:25 pm

I kinda figured the F2 would produce more top end. I want a broad range, even if I only top out at 6,500 rpms I know the roots will have the TQ to get my butt moving quick, fast and in a hurry at low rpms Twisted Evil

I only have experience on the 4.6 liter motors with forced inductions, the big block is a whole different beast.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy July 6th 2011, 2:40 pm

Eric:
You should go with the Procharger. Be kind-of cool if you could get it under the stock hood. Very Happy

Here are a couple of pics I shot when I laid my procharger D1B down into my Turbo Coupe. looks like it will clear the stock hood o.k. as well as the fender and frame rail.
I just need to build the BBF stand-off bracket. The setup I have is for a BBC that I plan to adapt to a BBF.

Roots vs centrufical blower PCpic3

Roots vs centrufical blower PCpic1
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt July 6th 2011, 4:57 pm

Thanks for the pic, boy is that a tight fit. Surprised
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 6th 2011, 10:07 pm

you can run 4.70's EASILY with an F2. the Roots blowers are cool and yes make good power but depending on chassis configuration and track conditions the F2 might be a better option. You mentioned broad torque range, you are talking a big block with a blower, I don't think that is really a problem with either. Laughing

changing boost on an F2 is easy because you can run a wastegate to control boost levels. no worries about changing cogs.

intercooler setups are easier with the F2 unless you want to run alky with the roots deal.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down