BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bulk purchase

+6
longroofracer
dfree383
BOSS 429
bruno
Dave Maxwell
10 posters

Go down

bulk purchase Empty bulk purchase

Post  Dave Maxwell May 27th 2011, 2:13 am

what would be the most common item you guys would like to get a good deal on. Thinking about buying some fuel related items or msd stuff. Trying to decide on what to make up a 3000 dollar order with. Want to be able to move some of it. Just wondering.

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

bulk purchase Empty Re: bulk purchase

Post  138 May 27th 2011, 3:37 am

MSD power grid... its gonna be the hot ticket

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 27th 2011, 7:15 am

138 wrote:MSD power grid... its gonna be the hot ticket

no its not , thats what you might want ...........

what does every 460 need from mild to wild(not an msd power grid Very Happy Wink ) ? do you want to sit on this stuff for 2 years or do you want to move it in 30 days ? Im going thru the same thing right now. Im stuffing my Prattville store with performance parts , but do i load it up with trend pushrpds and bbf diamond pistons and c-head accesories ....no ...but i sure would love to ....... getting back on track here look at the market you are in and see what the needs of the local crowds are ? do a poll on your internet sites you visit often and see what folks are in the market to buy "right now".......if you need any help just let me know

bruno

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 May 27th 2011, 7:57 am

TIRES, CARB GASKETS, CARB JETS, SPARK PLUGS, ENGINE GASKETS, OIL, FITTINGS, FUEL
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 27th 2011, 8:02 am

Plugs, Wires, Jet / Bleeds, Gaskets, Oil, Filters, Fuel Pumps, Fuel Filters, Trans accessories.... Shifters, Cables, Caskets, Filters, refresh kits.

a big one is..... Automotive HARDWARE, Studs, Bolts, Nuts, Clips, Engine Hardware.....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell May 27th 2011, 8:29 am

other than facebook. This is the only site I visit. I am set up with a company that handles everything summit does. I need a 3000 dollar buy in. Need some stuff for my own project, but want to turn some stuff also. I need over 3000 for my project, but that would take all my spare cash at once. Nick I would like to help site also if I get this going. Could either do cash donation or sell you stuff at cost. I have been worrking on this for 5 months. Got my license and logo done. They want a sign and stuff to prove I am not a one time buyer looking for a hand out. There are suppliers on here that out of respect I will not compete with. Until I get my buy in, I haven't advertised locally yet. Have people that want stuff, but not 3000 at once. Even thought about some 10.5 w tires. Will get stuff next month. Guy is buying some old car parts and I will be good to go. As of now I don't have ability to take credit cards. Will do that after things get going. Thanks everyone

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  138 May 27th 2011, 1:08 pm

bruno wrote:
138 wrote:MSD power grid... its gonna be the hot ticket

no its not , thats what you might want ...........

what does every 460 need from mild to wild(not an msd power grid Very Happy Wink ) ? do you want to sit on this stuff for 2 years or do you want to move it in 30 days ? Im going thru the same thing right now. Im stuffing my Prattville store with performance parts , but do i load it up with trend pushrpds and bbf diamond pistons and c-head accesories ....no ...but i sure would love to ....... getting back on track here look at the market you are in and see what the needs of the local crowds are ? do a poll on your internet sites you visit often and see what folks are in the market to buy "right now".......if you need any help just let me know

bruno

he said only 3000... I would imagine 1000 of that is for items he is keeping for himself. that leaves 2000. That about 2 systems 3 maybe . I would think that 4 or 5 items (especially the new grid system components) would be easier to move than a bunch of other parts. and thats NOT what I want, and I would not buy one from him. I'm not even close to that yet. He mentioned MSD and that was my opinion...suka afro

Back to top Go down

Post  longroofracer May 28th 2011, 4:07 am

Rich and Dave are on the right track, especially the hardware and gaskets! Here is just some of the stuff I ordered/picked up this week to try to have everything for the 3 day weekend so I can try to fire an engine. The more stuff you have on hand, the better chance you have of keeping a guy buying it all in 1 store. The more generic part you have, the better chance you have of filling a complete shopping list. You might sell 1 upper hose for a 70 Galaxie in 3 years, 10 pairs of rear springs for a fox bodied stang a year... but you will almost always sell 2 of the same muffler, 4 carb studs, 6 hose clamps, 8 spark plugs, oil, filters and coolant to every guy that is installing an engine Friday night... what gets you more buying power and takes up less floor space? I live in a smaller town and had to hit 3 stores to get all these items, in addition to some internet mail order parts. Time, fuel and shipping cost me probably an extra 50 bucks, and if it was all available at the first place, it would have been worth even more.

3 gallons of oil
oil, air and fuel filters
break in lube
gear oil and additive
trans fluid
exhaust tubing, collector reducers
mufflers, clamps, hangers, turndowns
fuel line
brake fluid, brake clean, rtv
hose clamps, coolant
vacuum caps
carb gaskets
duraspark module, plug wires
gauges
paint
ice

We need the basics... Have an 8 quart oil pan... 2 gallons minimum. Break in lube, 1 for the first run and 1 for the 1st oil change because we are worried. Cheap set of gauges that are large enough to read, even though we want to buy a good set later. Brake clean, rtv, carb gaskets, filters and fuel line because we can never remember if we have them, and we know we don't mind spares. Gear oil simply because we will check it since we are under the car. Brake fluid since it has been sitting so long we need to bleed them to get a pedal. Duraspark module... did we loan our spare out? Plug wires... always have 1 fall on the headers and burn, even though we thought they cleared. Ice for the beverages your friend forgot to take out of the truck last night and put in the cooler.
longroofracer
longroofracer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell May 28th 2011, 4:20 am

this will be mostly mail order anyway. Like summit just beter prices. Can drop ship to your door. As time goes on, I will start an inventory. Just don't have cash for that now. Want to get first big buy in order done, and not be stuck with stuff. I like the generic idea and little common parts. Thanks for the help guys. Just some extra cash to fund project and hopefully help others along the way

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  longroofracer May 28th 2011, 5:12 am

If you are not able to do credit cards off the bat... is PayPal going to be an option for you?
longroofracer
longroofracer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell May 28th 2011, 6:01 am

I have pay pal. Working on cedit cards. Otherwise it will be a pain in the butt. All items should be delivered within one to three days. If summit has it, I have it. I also have a vintage air account and dynamat

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 28th 2011, 10:15 am

Good Luck Dave Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike May 28th 2011, 8:04 pm

dfree383 wrote:Plugs, Wires, Jet / Bleeds, Gaskets, Oil, Filters, Fuel Pumps, Fuel Filters, Trans accessories.... Shifters, Cables, Caskets, Filters, refresh kits.

a big one is..... Automotive HARDWARE, Studs, Bolts, Nuts, Clips, Engine Hardware.....

I agree with what Dave said except for the part I highlighted in red affraid lol!
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  knrclark May 28th 2011, 9:13 pm

f250mike wrote:
dfree383 wrote:Plugs, Wires, Jet / Bleeds, Gaskets, Oil, Filters, Fuel Pumps, Fuel Filters, Trans accessories.... Shifters, Cables, Caskets, Filters, refresh kits.

I agree with what Dave said except for the part I highlighted in red affraid lol!

Those must be for the Chevy guys!!
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  wvmudder May 30th 2011, 3:37 am

I would much rather buy from members/vendors here than from the box stores.
wvmudder
wvmudder

Back to top Go down

Post  longroofracer May 30th 2011, 10:52 am

f250mike wrote:

Must be for the guys that really think the wife is gonna kill them for buying this much.
longroofracer
longroofracer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down