BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hydraulic roller cam? 600hp?

3 posters

Go down

Hydraulic roller cam? 600hp? Empty Hydraulic roller cam? 600hp?

Post  Steve-oh August 31st 2020, 8:52 am

Seen the many posts on hydraulic roller cam and pushrod angles, fixing to build a street engine for a 2wd pickup, pump gas (93) , some thing to drive around town during the week , aluminum heads, afr, p51, motorsports, something along those lines, using stoke stroke,h beam rods, block cleaned up at .040 over , would like to make 600hp/550lb. Definitely lower maintenance and dependable, will the hydraulic roller be fine in this application?

Steve-oh

Back to top Go down

Hydraulic roller cam? 600hp? Empty Re: Hydraulic roller cam? 600hp?

Post  rmcomprandy August 31st 2020, 10:46 am

Steve-oh wrote:Seen the many posts on hydraulic roller cam and pushrod angles, fixing to build a street engine for a 2wd pickup,  pump gas (93) , some thing to drive around town during the week ,  aluminum  heads, afr, p51, motorsports, something along those lines, using stoke stroke,h beam rods, block cleaned up at .040 over , would like to make 600hp/550lb. Definitely lower maintenance and dependable, will the hydraulic roller be fine in this application?

Shaft or "Bolt-Down" rockers is the better way to go; (no stud & guideplate valve trains is best).
That is, after you clearance everything else to fit.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-oh August 31st 2020, 10:51 am

I have the comp xd rockers

Steve-oh

Back to top Go down

Post  wickettoby1 September 1st 2020, 1:37 pm

I too am using the comp XD stud mount rockers but with my research the Yella Terra’s seemed to be the most affordable shaft/bolt down solution.

wickettoby1

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 1st 2020, 7:23 pm

wickettoby1 wrote:I too am using the comp XD stud mount rockers but with my research the Yella Terra’s seemed to be the most affordable shaft/bolt down solution.

The most affordable "bolt downs" are Ford Motor Company stamped steel bolt down rockers with pedestals but, they don't fit onto heads which have been drilled & tapped for studs.
There are many other "racing type" pedestal rockers in the aftermarket and the same issue exists.

"Yella Terra" is a really good rocker system.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down