BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice needed regarding correct starter motor to use.

Go down

Advice needed regarding correct starter motor to use. Empty Advice needed regarding correct starter motor to use.

Post  mkjess12 on April 19th 2020, 2:54 pm

Hi,
I'm slowly building up a 429 with a Tremec T56. The bellhousing is a Quicktime RM-8011, and the flywheel is a Mcleod aluminium 563220.
Does anybody know which is the best starter motor to use?
Ideally I'm looking for something a little more lightweight than standard, and powerful. and where would be the best place to source?
Many Thanks,
Andy in the UK.

mkjess12

Back to top Go down

Advice needed regarding correct starter motor to use. Empty Re: Advice needed regarding correct starter motor to use.

Post  wickettoby1 on April 20th 2020, 6:46 am

I’ve used both Powermaster and Summit Racing’s in house brand with great success. I’d highly suggest that whatever brand you buy make sure it has a clockable nose piece (bellhousing mount) so you can adjust it accordingly.

wickettoby1

Back to top Go down

Advice needed regarding correct starter motor to use. Empty Re: Advice needed regarding correct starter motor to use.

Post  mkjess12 on April 21st 2020, 3:03 am

Thanks Wickettoby1, I appreciate that.

Andy.

mkjess12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum