BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuck booster valve sleeve

2 posters

Go down

Stuck booster valve sleeve  Empty Stuck booster valve sleeve

Post  manofmerc October 18th 2019, 2:29 pm

I finally got the c-6 built in my 73 f250 .I checked the pressures a couple months back and they were really low like 50 lbs. Well along with all the leaking seals I come to find the pressure regulator booster valve sleeve is stuck .This is an early valve body with the plate covering the booster valve .I was able to move the valve itself thinking it might pop the aluminum sleeve out but no such luck.And it looks like the valve inside the sleeve moves .Any ideas on getting this working again it wont budge .Otherwise this is a good valve body I would hate to scrap it .My c-6 turned out great I didn't do anything special other than a trans go shift kit and a roller bearing at #9 .I just happened to have a good d-9 valve body I could use .Thought and ideas welcome

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Stuck booster valve sleeve  Empty Re: Stuck booster valve sleeve

Post  Mike R October 18th 2019, 6:57 pm

Don't scrap it, Frank might be able to use it as a core

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Stuck booster valve sleeve  Empty I got it out!

Post  manofmerc December 19th 2019, 9:17 am

Well I got this booster valve out with Franks help .He told me to get a piece of wood and whack The wood with the valve body! Wonder of all wonders the damn thing came out ! But it is so tight I cant get it to go in .I imagine it was this way from the factory .It looks like this transmission was rebuilt once before and nobody checked the valve body .Before I pulled it I had checked the pressures and it only had 50 lbs. in all ranges .I couldn't find any trash or burrs on the valve or valve body I just think it is a factory screw up .This is a spare valve body so one day when I have some spare time I will see if another booster valve will fit better.Other than this issue this is a good valve body .Doug rendeer

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Stuck booster valve sleeve  Empty Re: Stuck booster valve sleeve

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down