BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTD; Need a set of stock main brg bolts, Dove, 2 bolt block

4 posters

Go down

WTD; Need a set of stock main brg bolts, Dove, 2 bolt block Empty WTD; Need a set of stock main brg bolts, Dove, 2 bolt block

Post  fordloverracing August 21st 2019, 3:53 am

I'm looking for a set of factory main bearing bolts for a 2-bolt DOVE block. Machine shop lost originals and customer won't accept studs. Thanks for any help, Rick, Knoxville, TN area.
rbt3246(at)bellsouth.net
fordloverracing
fordloverracing

Back to top Go down

WTD; Need a set of stock main brg bolts, Dove, 2 bolt block Empty Re: WTD; Need a set of stock main brg bolts, Dove, 2 bolt block

Post  wickettoby1 August 21st 2019, 10:33 am

When I needed new main bolts the experts on here just suggested ordereding some shouldered grade 8’s from McMaster Carr so that’s what I did. I haven’t fired the engine for the first time yet but the assembly process was straight forward.

wickettoby1

Back to top Go down

WTD; Need a set of stock main brg bolts, Dove, 2 bolt block Empty WTD, main bearing bolts

Post  fordloverracing August 22nd 2019, 1:10 am

Thanks for the info but I need to find a set of originals to please this customer. He is a stickler for originality. Rick
fordloverracing
fordloverracing

Back to top Go down

WTD; Need a set of stock main brg bolts, Dove, 2 bolt block Empty Re: WTD; Need a set of stock main brg bolts, Dove, 2 bolt block

Post  jasonf August 22nd 2019, 7:35 am

Have you tried any local machine shops?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  wickettoby1 August 22nd 2019, 9:55 am

I know I have some used head bolts, I’ll take a look tonight and let you know if I have any main bolts.

wickettoby1

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane August 25th 2019, 2:18 pm

fordloverracing wrote:I'm looking for a set of factory main bearing bolts for a 2-bolt DOVE block. Machine shop lost originals and customer won't accept studs. Thanks for any help, Rick, Knoxville, TN area.
rbt3246(at)bellsouth.net
$50 shipped in the U.S. Call on Monday if interested.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down