BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boost Friendly 460 Intake

3 posters

Go down

Boost Friendly 460 Intake Empty Boost Friendly 460 Intake

Post  Matt Jewell July 21st 2019, 3:21 pm

Its been a few years since I had a descent 460 based project, but now I am consolidating and liquidating to help my son with a 460 Torino. We had decided to convert to a small blow thru supercharger on his Edelbrock headed 466 project, looking to use only 5-6 psi of boost and shooting for 680-700 HP in a street friendly package. Most of the race intakes I have sold, and only have an old Port A Sonic and a Weiand Stealth. We also have 2 new MSD 8580? large cap distributors, and remember that they didn't work well with Victor JR. I had the TFS Single plane before, but only tried it with small cap MSD Distributor. Hate to use a Torquer II and spacer, and would hate to buy a 3rd distributor. Am I missing some other combo of Single plane intake that will work with a large cap Distributor?

Matt Jewell

Back to top Go down

Boost Friendly 460 Intake Empty Re: Boost Friendly 460 Intake

Post  rmcomprandy July 21st 2019, 7:01 pm

Matt Jewell wrote:Its been a few years since I had a descent 460 based project, but now I am consolidating and liquidating to help my son with a 460 Torino. We had decided to convert to a small blow thru supercharger on his Edelbrock headed 466 project, looking to use only 5-6 psi of boost and shooting for 680-700 HP in a street friendly package. Most of the race intakes I have sold, and only have an old Port A Sonic and a Weiand Stealth. We also have 2 new MSD 8580? large cap  distributors, and remember that they didn't work well with Victor JR. I had the TFS  Single plane before, but only tried it with small cap MSD Distributor. Hate to use a Torquer II and spacer, and would hate to buy a 3rd distributor. Am I missing some other combo of Single plane intake that will work with a large cap Distributor?

I have never had any trouble using a big cap distributor with a Victor manifold, (the water neck is the closest part), but, that manifold doesn't fit well with the Edelbrock ports.
I have used big cap distributors with TFS "Track Heat" manifolds, also.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Toney July 23rd 2019, 12:35 pm

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought Randy had mentioned in the past the the Torker II intake is actually a decent intake even with being older and such a short plenum. We're thinking about using one in place of the Stealth thats on it. Also a BT deal.
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 24th 2019, 12:16 am

J.Toney wrote:Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought Randy had mentioned in the past the the Torker II intake is actually a decent intake even with being older and such a short plenum. We're thinking about using one in place of the Stealth thats on it. Also a BT deal.

YES ... that manifold works very well in a boost situation however, the O.P. said that he would hate to use that manifold and carb spacer for some reason.
So, I didn't mention it.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down