BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open tracker roller bearing control arms

3 posters

Go down

Open tracker roller bearing control arms Empty Open tracker roller bearing control arms

Post  duff429 March 13th 2019, 6:57 pm

I bought the roller bearing spring perches and was thinking of spending on the upper control arms as well. Just wondering if anyone has seen better 60 foot or improvements from the upper and lower control arms as well?
duff429
duff429

Back to top Go down

Open tracker roller bearing control arms Empty Re: Open tracker roller bearing control arms

Post  BBFTorino March 14th 2019, 12:43 am

I dont know for sure if there would be any improvement in 60 ft. but getting the front suspension to work much better than stock should be a benefit to the overall working of the car.
The stock factory suspension of the era was certainly not optimal, the rubber bushings and geometry was more like having the suspension in a bind, as it did'nt move too freely.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Open tracker roller bearing control arms Empty Re: Open tracker roller bearing control arms

Post  duff429 March 15th 2019, 7:13 am

BBFTorino wrote:I dont know for sure if there would be any improvement in 60 ft. but getting the front suspension to work much better than stock should be a benefit to the overall working of the car.
The stock factory suspension of the era was certainly not optimal, the rubber bushings and geometry was more like having the suspension in a bind, as it did'nt move too freely.

Thanks , think I'll just put it together and run it,mabey upgrade down the road
duff429
duff429

Back to top Go down

Post  StickBBF September 6th 2020, 8:41 am

Hi Duff,
I don't know the back story here - what year/model car are you working on?  
Will it only see straight track use (trailered to and from) or do you expect to license it and drive it on the street?

Since this thread was started 6-months ago, what did you end up doing, are you happy with the geometry performance now?  

StickBBF

StickBBF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down