BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sled rocker arm fulcurms

+3
Paul Kane
rmcomprandy
mach1charlie
7 posters

Go down

Sled rocker arm fulcurms  Empty Sled rocker arm fulcurms

Post  mach1charlie September 24th 2018, 9:14 pm

Are the Boss 302 351c 429scj, stock rocker arm fulcurms available anywhere? Need a set for a 2v 351c that's been machined for adjustable rockers.

mach1charlie

Back to top Go down

Sled rocker arm fulcurms  Empty Re: Sled rocker arm fulcurms

Post  rmcomprandy September 24th 2018, 10:03 pm

mach1charlie wrote:Are the Boss 302 351c 429scj, stock rocker arm fulcurms available anywhere? Need a set for a 2v 351c that's been machined for adjustable rockers.

I believe that aftermarket roller rocker arms are all that is currently available new.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane September 27th 2018, 3:02 pm

mach1charlie wrote:Are the Boss 302 351c 429scj, stock rocker arm fulcurms available anywhere? Need a set for a 2v 351c that's been machined for adjustable rockers.
If you are asking about the Super Cobra Jet-specific fulcrums made of steel, with 7/16” stud bores, applicable to an adjustable valve train, etc, then those fulcrums have never been manufactured or made available as aftermarket.

However, I do have here a complete set of 16 that I would consider selling.  Please call me directly if interested.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gt350hr September 27th 2018, 4:16 pm

Pioneer had "improved" ones with grooves in the fulcrum. Manley used to sell them too.

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

Post  427John September 27th 2018, 4:45 pm

Years ago someone offered reproductions of the old Muscle Parts trans am needle bearing fulcrums for Boss 302's but I haven't heard anything about them for a while,has anyone heard if they're still around or seen anything about them?

427John

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane September 27th 2018, 6:49 pm

gt350hr wrote:   Pioneer had "improved" ones with grooves in the fulcrum. Manley used to sell them too.
Is yours a reference to D3VE pedestal rocker arm fulcrums?  Those are still readily available as a part of a complete rocker arm assembly: as a set of 16, or, as an individual rocker arm assembly.  The actual fulcrums aren’t available by themselves commercially but could probably be acquired in groups of perhaps a thousand at a time or something like that.

If the OEM SCJ adjustable valve train fulcrums were ever available aftermarket then that’s news to me.  I’ve consdered producing a run of several thousand but don’t know for how long how many sets might sit on the shelf. A lesser volume run would cost to much.

Last edited by Paul Kane on September 27th 2018, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane September 27th 2018, 6:50 pm

427John wrote:Years ago someone offered reproductions of the old Muscle Parts trans am needle bearing fulcrums for Boss 302's but I haven't heard anything about them for a while,has anyone heard if they're still around or seen anything about them?
Those were offered by Crane Industries.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 27th 2018, 7:20 pm

Paul Kane wrote:
If you are asking about the Super Cobra Jet-specific fulcrums made of steel, with 7/16” stud bores, applicable to an adjustable valve train, etc, then those fulcrums have never been manufactured or made available as aftermarket.

However, I do have here a complete set of 16 that I would consider selling.  Please call me directly if interested.

They were available in the aftermarket, Paul. The roller fulcrums to fit the stock type rockers were never available in the aftermarket
MANLEY used to offer the solid sleds with the 7/16" hole, years ago.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  427John September 27th 2018, 8:03 pm

My bad the fulcrums I was thinking of was the crane items paul mentioned but are the pedestal type.I guess they're still available crane part#36806-16.I don't know about the fulcrums separately but I do know the adjustable type rockers with fulcrum were available from TRW at 1 time I don't know if it was a 429 specific part or if it was intended for boss 302-351.I'll see if I can find some I have in the box and get the part#.

427John

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane September 28th 2018, 12:20 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
Paul Kane wrote:
If you are asking about the Super Cobra Jet-specific fulcrums made of steel...then those fulcrums have never been manufactured or made available as aftermarket.

They were available in the aftermarket, Paul...MANLEY used to offer the solid sleds with the 7/16" hole, years ago.
Thanks I did not know that.

(I was looking at Ampco 18 bar stock as a possible material upgrade instead of steel, but c’mon it’s just too pricey/exotic for a stamped steel rocker valve train.)
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller September 28th 2018, 12:34 am

427John wrote:My bad the fulcrums I was thinking of was the crane items paul mentioned but are the pedestal type.I guess they're still available crane part#36806-16.I don't know about the fulcrums separately but I do know the adjustable type rockers with fulcrum were available from TRW at 1 time I don't know if it was a 429 specific part or if it was intended for boss 302-351.I'll see if I can find some I have in the box and get the part#.

X2 on the Rockers and fulcrums available from TRW years ago pretty sure my brother had some of those!! Smile

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 28th 2018, 6:34 am

Didn’t crane offer a fulcrum kit?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 28th 2018, 9:11 am

All the new sleds in the stamped rocker assemblies from the O.E.M. rockers these days are pressed powdered metal' although it requires a special type press, it is probably the least expensive way to go if you are making millions of them.
I have seen some aftermarket sleds made from hard aluminum.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  gt350hr October 1st 2018, 12:39 pm

The Crane kit was for bolt down ( 5/16ths ) heads. Crane never offered a kit for the 7/16ths stud. The Ford T/A roller kit had problems with galling the fulcrums on the bottom ( load) side with extended use and raised spring pressures. I still have one used set laying around somewhere.

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down