BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Needle and seat cartridges for E85 or E98

5 posters

Go down

Needle and seat cartridges for E85 or E98 Empty Needle and seat cartridges for E85 or E98

Post  Dave De July 25th 2018, 8:14 pm

Anyone have good luck with those .164 cartridges from BLP?
The .135 Quick fuel's dont seem to flow enough at 6.5psi. Maybe I should stay with .150's?
580 cube motor, single 1350 dommy with E85. I hate smoking pistons.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Needle and seat cartridges for E85 or E98 Empty Re: Needle and seat cartridges for E85 or E98

Post  BBFTorino July 25th 2018, 11:51 pm

BLP makes very good stuff. They are worth a try, you can always back it down at the regulator if they flow too much!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Needle and seat cartridges for E85 or E98 Empty Re: Needle and seat cartridges for E85 or E98

Post  cool40 July 26th 2018, 12:24 am

I'd give BLP a call and see what they think. They're pretty helpful and definitely have good products. Cool
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 26th 2018, 8:58 am

Dave De wrote:Anyone have good luck with those .164 cartridges from BLP?
The .135 Quick fuel's dont seem to flow enough at 6.5psi. Maybe I should stay with .150's?

They are expensive however, "Braswell Carburetion" makes fuel bowls with 2 needles & seats in each with their own separate float. They call them "Super Bowls".

Having 4 needles & seats of .110" would be plenty.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De July 26th 2018, 5:52 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:

They are expensive however, "Braswell Carburetion" makes fuel bowls with 2 needles & seats in each with their own separate float. They call them "Super Bowls".

I never knew that was available. Now after I smoked 2 pistons that would be a great way to go. The downside of E85 where the flow required is 25 to 30% more than gas when running one carb makes this close to the line. In my case over the line.
Thanks for the info....
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 26th 2018, 8:24 pm

Dave De wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

I never knew that was available. Now after I smoked 2 pistons that would be a great way to go. The downside of E85 where the flow required is 25 to 30% more than gas when running one carb makes this close to the line. In my case over the line.
Thanks for the info....

You're welcome ... fuel delivery capability is another reason why some vehicles run absolutely great on the 1/8 mile but, break things and burn down on a 1/4 mile track.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De July 26th 2018, 8:29 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
Dave De wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Thanks for the info....

You're welcome ... fuel delivery capability is another reason why some vehicles run absolutely great on the 1/8 mile but, break things and burn down on a 1/4 mile track.

It was good until about 800 feet when it started to go bad. Number 1 and 5 smoked with 4 and 8 hurt to where the rings are seized or sticking in the grooves.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  bigford632 August 4th 2018, 6:09 pm

What are you running for a pump and regulator? I Have been considering sending my 1250 to Pro-Systems and they insist on their vacuum controlled regulator if I want to use an electric pump.

bigford632

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De August 4th 2018, 10:29 pm

bigford632 wrote:What are you running for a pump and regulator? I Have been considering sending my 1250 to Pro-Systems and they insist on their vacuum controlled regulator if I want to use an electric pump.

I was looking into an SV-1 with the variable regulator but didnt go with it.

My fuel system is
Fuel cell to Aeromotive A1000 pump #12.
Pump to A1000 filter with 40 mesh.
Filter to A1000 regulator #10
Regulator to 1350 Dominator #6 x two
Return #8
There are only 3 elbows on the supply side. I have a fuel pressure gage in the car and it stays at 6.5 psi for the entire run.

What are you doing to feed your 632?
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  bigford632 August 5th 2018, 9:02 am

632 was an engine I built for my old modified 4x4 puller which I sold. That had Kinsler injection on it. Current project is a pro-stock puller that will see occasional street use. It will be a 602 (4.565 bore with 4.6 stroke) with about 13:1 and AFR 315 heads on E85. I have a Quick Fuel 1250 Dominator on the shelf and I have chatted with Patrick from Pro Systems and his opinion was that was about as big as he is comfortable converting to E85 in the Dominator line. He recommends a belt drive pump which I'm considering, but he's OK with electric pumps if used with his vacuum controlled variable regulator. Below is his explanation to me.

You can use a belt drive fuel pump.  

Or to keep it simple you can use an electric pump (350 gph minimum), but you will require one of our custom regulators for $125 that gives you the variable fuel pressure required to keep the bowls from running dry at wide open throttle.   As this system automatically raises the fuel pressure during the burnout or when you are going down the track and drops it back down when you shut down or are cruising along or idling.  

This variable fuel pressure program also gives you control of your fuel during the burnout, idling and shutdown area.  

bigford632

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De August 5th 2018, 11:54 am

Most regulators that have a boost reference port can be modified to use with a vacuum source attached to the other side of the diaphragm. It was recommended to me to do this if I went SV-1 but also this may be necessary for a weak signal with carburetion.
There may be a market to make regulators this way for those of us nat-asp guys that need the extra pressure. If those bigger BLP cartridges dont solve my problem I will look into a modified regulator with a vacuum source.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 5th 2018, 2:11 pm

Dave De wrote:Most regulators that have a boost reference port can be modified to use with a vacuum source attached to the other side of the diaphragm. It was recommended to me to do this if I went SV-1 but also this may be necessary for a weak signal with carburetion.
There may be a market to make regulators this way for those of us nat-asp guys that need the extra pressure. If those bigger BLP cartridges dont solve my problem I will look into a modified regulator with a vacuum source.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Idle / part throttle vacuum is applied to the normal boost side and as the vacuum drops at wide open throttle the fuel pressure goes up.  Works just like an O.E.M. low pressure throttle body fuel-injection regulator with even lower based fuel pressure.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down