BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaase P51 Sheet Metal Valve Covers Question

Go down

Kaase P51 Sheet Metal Valve Covers Question Empty Kaase P51 Sheet Metal Valve Covers Question

Post  Athlonia on June 3rd 2018, 3:12 pm

I received a pair of new Kaase sheet metal valve covers with my engine project purchase. Currently they have no breather holes of any kind. As stated in a previous post, this will be a street engine build. What hardware do you use to add breathers/oil fill to these covers. Is there a preferred location? As pretty as they are it feels like a crime to put a hole in them. Thank you.
Athlonia
Athlonia

Back to top Go down

Kaase P51 Sheet Metal Valve Covers Question Empty Re: Kaase P51 Sheet Metal Valve Covers Question

Post  rmcomprandy on June 3rd 2018, 7:08 pm

Athlonia wrote:I received a pair of new Kaase sheet metal valve covers with my engine project purchase. Currently they have no breather holes of any kind. As stated in a previous post, this will be a street engine build.  What hardware do you use to add breathers/oil fill to these covers. Is there a preferred location?  As pretty as they are it feels like a crime to put a hole in them. Thank you.

Make sure it is between rocker arms, not over one.
And, as high near the intake manifold as you can safely get.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Kaase P51 Sheet Metal Valve Covers Question Empty Re: Kaase P51 Sheet Metal Valve Covers Question

Post  Athlonia on June 3rd 2018, 7:18 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
Athlonia wrote:I received a pair of new Kaase sheet metal valve covers with my engine project purchase. Currently they have no breather holes of any kind. As stated in a previous post, this will be a street engine build.  What hardware do you use to add breathers/oil fill to these covers. Is there a preferred location?  As pretty as they are it feels like a crime to put a hole in them. Thank you.

Thank you! Do I need to worry about any baffling?
Athlonia
Athlonia

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy on June 4th 2018, 10:03 am

Athlonia wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Maybe but, maybe not is all I can say for sure.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans on June 4th 2018, 10:16 am

Athlonia wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Stud girdle bars help that cause.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum