BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT BRAND LIFTERS ------

+2
Mark O'Neal
Wayne Pearce
6 posters

Go down

WHAT BRAND LIFTERS ------ Empty WHAT BRAND LIFTERS ------

Post  Wayne Pearce May 28th 2018, 4:11 pm

Hey, guys: I need a little help with a topic from about a year, or two ago about some defective roller lifters (I tried to find it - but no joy). it seemed that one of our manufacturers missed the operation that secured the tie bars to the lifter bodies. Does anybody remember the issue, and manufacturer, and if there was any replacements offered? A buddy of mine just had a lifter failure due to a tie bar separating from the lifter body, causing the lifter to rotate, and eating his camshaft, any help would be appreciated.

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

WHAT BRAND LIFTERS ------ Empty Re: WHAT BRAND LIFTERS ------

Post  Mark O'Neal May 30th 2018, 5:14 pm

I don't know...but I've gotten to the point where I'm afraid to sell them.

Mark O'Neal

Back to top Go down

Post  Straubtech May 31st 2018, 11:26 am

With a happy valvetrain there is no load on the tie bar. If you break a tie bar the valvetrain is not happy and it i loading. There are several companies selling chinese made knockoffs that look like Morels. They even come in the clamshell packaging like a Morel. I have had 3 sets returned to me as "Morels" but they were not.

Post some pictures of the lifters in this build and we may be able to point you in the right direction. Beck engines posted a picture of customer supplied lifter that you could rotate the body of the lifter about 10 degrees because the tie bar was so loose. The Chinese stuff is junk.

Straubtech

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 1st 2018, 9:21 am

If you order from Jesel, you'll always get a high quality lifter that is made in America.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 1st 2018, 9:42 am

Curt wrote:If you order from Jesel, you'll always get a high quality lifter that is made in America.

Morel too.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce June 1st 2018, 2:51 pm

Sorry, no pictures. he sent the remains of the lifter, and tie bar back to the engine builder. The only thing I found out was the name of the manufacturer, BAM - sounds like a fitting name considering what happened. I've never heard of them, any of you?

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 1st 2018, 2:58 pm

Wayne Pearce wrote:Sorry, no pictures. he sent the remains of the lifter, and tie bar back to the engine builder.  The only thing I found out was the name of the manufacturer, BAM - sounds like a fitting name considering what happened.  I've never heard of them, any of you?

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Isn’t bam the guy who used to work at Crane?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Toney June 2nd 2018, 6:13 am

Wayne Pearce wrote:Sorry, no pictures. he sent the remains of the lifter, and tie bar back to the engine builder.  The only thing I found out was the name of the manufacturer, BAM - sounds like a fitting name considering what happened.  I've never heard of them, any of you?

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce
Yep, just bought a set from Brad. He's out of Florida. Just recently posted about them asking if anyone had used them. FWIW, called 6 different engine builders using them, no issues and high quality according to them.
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down