BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Straight forward build

+7
jbozzelle
Lem Evans
whitefield
68formalGT
snuff98
dfree383
Gary Blair
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Straight forward build - Page 2 Empty Re: Straight forward build

Post  Carl February 23rd 2018, 10:57 am

68formalGT wrote:
Carl wrote:
Gary Blair wrote:Just because it flows better or has a nice dyno number doesn't always guarantee it will satisfy a racers expectations.

I picked up 3 mph in the 1/2 mile with 20 degrees less cam duration, and .100 less lift.  
Backed up the results at the Colorado Mile later in the year too.

http://www.460ford.com/forum/37-engine-tech/238585-afr-528-vs-a429-514-real-world-results.html

What was the DA on those days? Had to be higher then 6,000'!

I don't recall off the top of my head what it was exactly, but 9000++ is pretty common.

Carl

Back to top Go down

Post  Oakley Motorsports February 23rd 2018, 11:32 am

Gary,
Not that it is any persons business but Philip Oakley Automotive DBA Oakley Motorsports only has one owner. Also I had nothing to prove by doing this project except to learn something. Don Bowles, Lem Evans and myself are great friends and they have helped me in so many ways with Knowledge, advice, and business. I can tell you I have no problem with these guys in my corner but at the end of the day this business is mine.

I have Mike Phillips Dts dyno. I purchased this dyno because I had years of info on it and did not want to lose it. Mr Bowles has a new Super flow at his shop. Yes I have access to both. Thanks for your concern.

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Blair February 23rd 2018, 11:38 am

Oakley Motorsports wrote:Gary,
 Not that it is any persons business but Philip Oakley Automotive DBA Oakley Motorsports only has one owner.  Also I had nothing to prove by doing this project except to learn something.  Don Bowles, Lem Evans and myself are great friends and they have helped me in so many ways with Knowledge, advice, and business.  I can tell you I have no problem with these guys in my corner but at the end of the day this business is mine.  

I have Mike Phillips Dts dyno.  I purchased this dyno because I had years of info on it and did not want to lose it.  Mr Bowles has a new Super flow at his shop.  Yes I have access to both.  Thanks for your concern.  

I believe that it is your business and in your name. Good thinking on getting the DTS from Mike. Thanks
Gary Blair
Gary Blair

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT February 23rd 2018, 11:39 am

Carl wrote:
68formalGT wrote:
Carl wrote:
Gary Blair wrote:Just because it flows better or has a nice dyno number doesn't always guarantee it will satisfy a racers expectations.

I picked up 3 mph in the 1/2 mile with 20 degrees less cam duration, and .100 less lift.  
Backed up the results at the Colorado Mile later in the year too.

http://www.460ford.com/forum/37-engine-tech/238585-afr-528-vs-a429-514-real-world-results.html

What was the DA on those days? Had to be higher then 6,000'!

I don't recall off the top of my head what it was exactly, but 9000++ is pretty common.

The numbers here in the summer during the day can be pretty bad, none of that below sea level stuff for us.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl February 23rd 2018, 12:44 pm

68formalGT wrote:The numbers here in the summer during the day can be pretty bad, none of that below sea level stuff for us.

Yeah, I need to build a 700+ cubic inch engine to make up for that thin air.

Carl

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno February 23rd 2018, 1:22 pm

keep this post on target or i will delete as necessary !!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content