BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dbaker

3 posters

Go down

Dbaker Empty Dbaker

Post  dbaker October 18th 2017, 6:57 pm

I just wanted to introduce my self. Grew up in Southeast Texas. Worked as a mechanic for 30 years. Currently working in the Houston area for a large transport company.
My interest in BBF started with my father-in-law. "Clester Andrews" if you know his name fine if you don't that is fine too. I was impressed with the engine he built for his bracket racer.
A 514 with SCJ heads and a 1150 dominator pulled one time on a dyno 664 HP. He ran the 10:90 bracket and then ran the 9:90 bracket in Houston. He then built a SVO block with the SCJ heads and pulled 800+
I don't know what he put it the engine but he had Billy at Lunati Cams custom grind a cam He talked to a guy in Houston named "Luther Costalis" that helped him build the first engine. (hope I got it right). I now have a Jet boat with a ford 460. I just want to get it up to 75 and now the max speed is 60. That is the main reason I joined this forum. I am like others looking for valid tried and true information. I have read a few posts and some seem to have gone off topic and then others are like a low flying jet going over my head. Even though I have a back ground I still have lots of learning to do. Every one has a chevy, but there are few fords. I did learn that ford do last and build quality blocks. That 514 was a cast crank and stock block ran about 60 passes through the traps at 7000. Before it threw a rod, I was impressed about the durability.

dbaker

Back to top Go down

Dbaker Empty Re: Dbaker

Post  Mike R October 18th 2017, 7:21 pm

Welcome, There's a great bunch of guys here and the BBF knowledge is immeasurable, the search button is your friend.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 19th 2017, 1:31 pm

Welcome, We have a number of jet boat guys hear that are sure to help you get their.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum