BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C6 VB converter pressure relief issue

Go down

C6 VB converter pressure relief issue Empty C6 VB converter pressure relief issue

Post  aquartlow on June 22nd 2017, 4:18 pm

Has anyone seen this happen or have this happen to their C6 before:
C6 VB converter pressure relief issue Dscf4333

C6 VB converter pressure relief issue Dscf4334

Upon start up the trans wouldn't engage quickly, had a pause like the converter needed to fill up and a surge issue between 30-45mph , found this after removing trans thinking converter was on it's way out. Still wanted to install a slightly higher stall TC, so it wasn't pulled for nothing, but just want to know how/why this happened. The VB has a B&M Transpak shift improvements and the line pressures are elevated. Is there anything else I should look at that would lead to the above carnage? Thank you in advance. Todd
aquartlow
aquartlow

Back to top Go down

C6 VB converter pressure relief issue Empty Re: C6 VB converter pressure relief issue

Post  DILLIGASDAVE on June 27th 2017, 3:16 am

Not 100% sure but I think some aftermarket vb's had a plastic ball there vs a metal ball.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

C6 VB converter pressure relief issue Empty Re: C6 VB converter pressure relief issue

Post  aquartlow on June 27th 2017, 6:07 am

DILLIGASDAVE,
Thank you for your reply to my post. After a bit of investigating I found that the early VB's used a check ball in the converter relief location but the later versions used a check valve. I figured the check valve gives more contact area on the separator plate, alleviating the "blow through" issue I had with using the check ball. Not sure why I installed the check ball over the valve, studied the instructions-maybe it was the shift kit change over from a TCI to a B&M that aided in my mistake, but I am ultimately to blame for it. Still can't figure out how the check ball did this damage, I wonder if the check ball(or the check valve for that matter) used in this location go through a "hammering" oscillation during transmission operation. Thanks again for your reply, much appreciated.
aquartlow
aquartlow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum