BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Onan Diesel Generator experts?????

3 posters

Go down

Any Onan Diesel Generator experts????? Empty Any Onan Diesel Generator experts?????

Post  Moodyblues April 25th 2017, 4:39 pm

I have a Allegro Bus 40ft with a Onan Diesel 7.5 Generator. Cuts off after 15 mins. Im gonna change the fuel filter and oil and filter. Been on the Tiffin RV forum and other RV forums with no luck. I have all the manuals but not much troubleshooting so I thought I would go ahead with maintenance.

Thanks for any help

Russ Hood
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Any Onan Diesel Generator experts????? Empty Re: Any Onan Diesel Generator experts?????

Post  FalconEh April 25th 2017, 8:18 pm

I am no expert, nor do I know if this is relevant to your issue, but most of the on board gensets that have fuel supplied from the main coach tank have a safety shutoff that is usually set to turn off the generator when the coach reaches approx. 1/4 of a tank.This is to avoid stranding the occupants due to leaving the generator running. If your fuel level is close to the cutoff level it will continue to shutoff until the fuel level is raised.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Any Onan Diesel Generator experts????? Empty Re: Any Onan Diesel Generator experts?????

Post  cool40 April 25th 2017, 10:18 pm

It may have a low oil level sensor problem. study
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues April 28th 2017, 4:45 pm

Thanks Fellas I have checked the oil, the coolant etc. I know some installed a inline fuel filter but mine does not have one. The fuel leve is 3/4 tank on a 150 gallon tank.

The issues I think are:

1. there is a shutoff when the coach batteries are fully charged. But maybe not because you have to run the generator to operate the A/C.

2. I am going to go ahead and change the main fuel filter on the generator.

Thanks again

Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues July 10th 2017, 10:57 am

Just a FYI,

Changed the high temp sensor and rest the generator, works fine now. I didnt know you had to reset the codes
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down