BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

intake recommendation

2 posters

Go down

intake recommendation Empty intake recommendation

Post  stroker557 April 14th 2017, 12:36 pm

just picked up a set of c9 heads for my current build project 557 stroker also have a holly 850 cfm double pumper i'm new to the build world and looking for recommendations a lot of the builds online i see trick flow being used but going to rework the heads port polish larger exhaust vales still trying to decide flat tappet or roller rocker and just trying to see whats worked well for others or any good reads or suggestions

stroker557

Back to top Go down

intake recommendation Empty Re: intake recommendation

Post  rmcomprandy April 14th 2017, 5:02 pm

stroker557 wrote:just picked up a set of c9 heads for my current build project 557 stroker also have a holly 850 cfm double pumper i'm new to the build world and looking for recommendations a lot of the builds online i see trick flow being used but going to rework the heads port polish larger exhaust vales still trying to decide flat tappet or roller rocker and just trying to see whats worked well for others or any good reads or suggestions

For starters:

Vehicle Hood Clearance ...?

Weight ...?

Gearing ...?

Type usage 80% of the time ...?

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stroker557 April 15th 2017, 9:42 am

dont have a car/truck to put it in yet building the motor first but in the end it will go in a late 60's f100 or mid 50 sedan 80% of the time will be just cruising around town running to the track every once in a while

stroker557

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 15th 2017, 11:07 am

stroker557 wrote:dont have a car/truck to put it in yet building the motor first but in the end it will go in a late 60's f100 or mid 50 sedan 80% of the time will be just cruising around town running to the track every once in a while  

The hood-line of the vehicle will determine the maximum height of whatever intake manifold; the best manifold for the application, (Trick Flow "Track Heat"), is usually to tall for a regular car.

EVERYTHING should be determined by the particular vehicle and how it is going to be used.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down