BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

header primary size

+7
fe50stang
Lem Evans
Scott Foxwell
dfree383
fastashley
rmcomprandy
mudtrucker
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

header primary size - Page 2 Empty Re: header primary size

Post  Scott Foxwell 13th October 2016, 18:43

Oakley Motorsports wrote:  If you need someone to tell you why a Ford Head needs or deserves a different header maybe you should not be giving advice.   
Please, do explain.

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon 14th October 2016, 09:21

W0W,that was pleasant.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Oakley Motorsports 14th October 2016, 10:13

EXPLANATION, A person must be open minded, The greatest innovators in the world do not always follow the rules of science. I personally do not always agree with Freelander, actually most of the time. lol. That being said the guy does spend the money to learn about engines by trying new things. I read a few weeks ago on here about rod and crank combinations and how some will not work! Well I have 4 championship trophies and over 65 wins with just two trucks with some of those combos turning 9000 rpm. My point is there are a ton of smart people on this site, some are more experienced than others in a given department. Some who may not want to post being afraid there going to be made fun of. There are also several that have to comment on everything like its the gospel when it is not proven. There is a difference between opinion and fact! There is also a difference in discussion of theory and real life experiences and what normally takes place in some of these post.

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell 14th October 2016, 10:37

Oakley Motorsports wrote:EXPLANATION,  A person must be open minded,  The greatest innovators in the world do not always follow the rules of science.  I personally do not always agree with Freelander, actually most of the time. lol.  That being said the guy does spend the money to learn about engines by trying new things.  I read a few weeks ago on here about rod and crank combinations and how some will not work!  Well I have 4 championship trophies and over 65 wins with just two trucks with some of those combos turning 9000 rpm.  My point is there are a ton of smart people on this site, some are more experienced than others in a given department.  Some who may not want to post being afraid there going to be made fun of.  There are also several that have to comment on everything like its the gospel when it is not proven.  There is a difference between opinion and fact!  There is also a difference in discussion of theory and real life experiences and what normally takes place in some of these post.
OK, that's fine, but didn't answer my question..
I'm assuming this was directed toward me, and I quote:
"If you need someone to tell you why a Ford Head needs or deserves a different header maybe you should not be giving advice."
So, again I ask, please do explain. So far, no one has. I'm not interested in one dyno test with two sets of headers. That proves nothing regarding the statement that was made "From my experience bigger is better." and "BBF stock style heads like big tubes, seen it a number of times. I know it goes against conventional wisdom.". I'd like to know why. It seems a lot of people just want to say "because its a Ford". I've been wanting to keep this technical, so let's take the label off it and tell me why the (brand X) exhaust port, chamber, whatever it is...makes it want to go against what "conventional" methods would dictate for designing a header.
I will also apologize for my first response to this statement. I know it was sarcastic, but it gets old hearing that because it's a "Ford" it's special. I was raised on Fords. My old man drove one of the fastest and quickest Ford modified roadster drag cars in So Cal. before I was born. I bought a (my one and only) Chevelle and he made me park it down the street...wouldn't allow it in the driveway. I love Fords. I've had 12 Mustangs...but as an engine builder, at the end of the day it's a piece of iron that has no idea what label is on it. I get that every engine design has its idiosyncrasies. They're all different, but physics applies to them all the same without prejudice. General statements like "bigger is better" or "Ford heads like bigger tubes" are misleading and do no good to help anyone who doesn't know better without a better explanation. Don't you agree?

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 14th October 2016, 12:10

Ask yourself what is the difference between a Factory BBF head and a BBC head.

Does a Typical BBC camshaft work the best in a BBF? They are sold all the time, but we know they aren't the best for the specific application.

I agree the basic rules of physics don't readily change, but the cylinder heads are drastically different, thought the rules may not change the application of them does.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell 14th October 2016, 15:08

dfree383 wrote:Ask yourself what is the difference between a Factory BBF head and a BBC head.

Does a Typical BBC camshaft work the best in a BBF? They are sold all the time, but we know they aren't the best for the specific application.

I agree the basic rules of physics don't readily change, but the cylinder heads are drastically different, thought the rules may not change the application of them does.
I thought we were talking about headers.
I know Ford heads are different. I know the ex ports are drastically different. I know the chambers are different. I know the valve angles are different. I now the valve jobs are different (on stock heads). I know the flow numbers are different and I know the entire port architecture is different. I ported my first set of BB Ford heads about 35 yrs ago. You're still not answering my question. OK, here's a different question; how does the application of physics change because it's a Ford head?

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino 15th October 2016, 03:58

Just trying to get large headers to fit in between those &%#@$* shock towers is the REAL dynamic!! Very Happy

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2