BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaase pump canton pan...issue

+4
rmcomprandy
jbozzelle
Lem Evans
5pointslow
8 posters

Go down

Kaase pump canton pan...issue Empty Kaase pump canton pan...issue

Post  5pointslow August 27th 2016, 10:06 am

So my kaase pump and canton foxbody pan......seem to not be working fitment wise 
Anyone have same issue ? If so is the fix just another pan ?

Getting frustrated I take 2 steps forward and 10back

I have a melling  84 pump that fits mint .....motor should be around 600 hp , just feel better about using kaase pump
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Kaase pump canton pan...issue Empty Re: Kaase pump canton pan...issue

Post  Lem Evans August 27th 2016, 10:41 am

Canton has a fox pan that is 6-1/4" in the pump pocket. The Moroso fox deal is 6-1/2"....I suspect that is your issue.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

738drvr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle August 27th 2016, 11:01 am

Even with one of my Moroso pans the pump still pushed on the front of the pan sump. Nothing some massaging with a deadblow couldn't fix...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 27th 2016, 1:56 pm

Kaase's rear sump pumps have a cover like a front sump Cobra Jet pump in order to provide a passageway to fill the geroter from both sides for added efficiency.

Modify the pump cover the be .200" shorter, (I have taken .080" off the flat surface and .120" of the top of the lump), or you can probably install a regular flat cover on the Kaase pump to delete one fill point, (like an OEM pump) ... or get a different pan

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow August 27th 2016, 9:47 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:Kaase's rear sump pumps have a cover like a front sump Cobra Jet pump in order to provide a passageway to fill the geroter from both  sides for added efficiency.

Modify the pump cover the be .200" shorter, (I have taken .080" off the flat surface and .120" of the top of the lump), or you can probably install a regular flat cover on the Kaase pump to delete one fill point, (like an OEM pump) ... or get a different pan

Thanks a bunch
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 28th 2016, 5:05 am

Ihad the same problem a few yrs back.Nothin a lil bit of hillbilly engineering wont cure.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Kaase pump canton pan...issue Empty Any new answers to this question?

Post  Axshun February 8th 2020, 5:46 pm

After doing a search on this issue, I'm wondering if there are any updated suggestions or fixes to this problem. I just had a new pan, pickup, tray, and main support delivered and I'm having the same issue with the Kaase pump hitting the pan. With the exception of the pan hitting the pump, everything else fits together pretty nice.
I'm thinking that the base of the pump could be machined enough to gain the space needed to clear the pan. I think it only needs about an 1/8". Would this cause problems with the oil pump shaft if only an 8th was taken off?

Axshun

Back to top Go down

Post  lance flake February 9th 2020, 1:14 am

Axshun wrote:  After doing a search on this issue, I'm wondering if there are any updated suggestions or fixes to this problem. I just had a new pan, pickup, tray, and main support delivered and I'm having the same issue with the Kaase pump hitting the pan. With the exception of the pan hitting the pump, everything else fits together pretty nice.
 I'm thinking that the base of the pump could be machined enough to gain the space needed to clear the pan. I think it only needs about an 1/8". Would this cause problems with the oil pump shaft if only an 8th was taken off?

Crankshaft will hit pump then. Modify pan to fit

lance flake

Back to top Go down

Kaase pump canton pan...issue Empty Follow up

Post  Axshun May 31st 2020, 9:35 am

When I ask a question on a forum, I try to post on what I did to fix my problem, since I appreciate guys on here offering their suggestions to help with my problem.
I finally have the bottom end of my 521 together. If you want to use the Canton pan, main girdle, and windage tray with a Kaase oil pump, I found I had to cut a chunk of the main girdle for it to fit around the oil pump because the Kaase pump mount is way taller than the recommended Melling pump that Canton specs and there is no way that I found to use the girdle without removing a piece. The pump also hit the pan as others have found. I used a big hammer and 2x4 to clearance the pan to accommodate the pan bottom.
One thing I didn't expect was the Canton pan was bowed inward on the sides. I'm not sure if the bow was caused by the welding process or what, but the side of the pan on the oil pump side hit the pump a little. And the same side of the pan hit the main girdle on the pump side as well. Now that had me a little baffled because the pan, girdle and windage tray were made to work together, so I'm pretty sure the pan left the factory not made to spec.
In the end, I wish I would have tried to use the Milodon pan which specs show the pan a little deeper on the pump end.
Hope this might help someone else.

Axshun

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf June 1st 2020, 8:37 am

Axshun wrote:When I ask a question on a forum, I try to post on what I did to fix my problem, since I appreciate guys on here offering their suggestions to help with my problem.
I finally have the bottom end of my 521 together. If you want to use the Canton pan, main girdle, and windage tray with a Kaase oil pump, I found I had to cut a chunk of the main girdle for it to fit around the oil pump because the Kaase pump mount is way taller than the recommended Melling pump that Canton specs and there is no way that I found to use the girdle without removing a piece. The pump also hit the pan as others have found. I  used a big hammer and 2x4 to clearance the pan to accommodate the pan bottom.
One thing I didn't expect was the Canton pan was bowed inward on the sides. I'm not sure if the bow was caused by the welding process or what, but the side of the pan on the oil pump side hit the pump a little. And the same side of the pan hit the main girdle on the pump side as well. Now that had me a little baffled because the pan, girdle and windage tray were made to work together, so I'm pretty sure the pan left the factory not made to spec.
In the end, I wish I would have tried to use the Milodon pan which specs show the pan a little deeper on the pump end.
Hope this might help someone else.

So many Canton pans are junk I don't know how they stay in business. I have 3 that are either twisted or warped so bad they are unusable.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down