BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C-6 trans questions.

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

C-6 trans questions. - Page 2 Empty Re: C-6 trans questions.

Post  Mustang-junky September 4th 2016, 11:25 pm

I've run into an issue with my Valvebody.  I filled the slots as per your directions.  Then I checked the size of the check balls.  Guess I should have measured the balls first because they are 5/16" not 1/4".  I'm a bit unsure what to do now, perhaps TCI made an effort to correct the valvebodys problem?  Maybe someone put them in to try and correct the issue?  It was mentioned on the other site the even with larger balls the slots would be to long.  My slots are 1.100" long, one with the larger holes in the separator plate are .390" wide, the other slot is .365" wide.

C-6 trans questions. - Page 2 903EBF90-AC13-4B06-9AA7-B1F50CFE4292_zpskmail9r9

Should the holes in the separator plate be opened up?  My holes are .150" larger and .110" smaller.  Verses the 7/32"(.219) and 5/32"(.156) listed in the TCI fix.

Jess

"If it's a TCI I have a fix for it as the problem is the 2 checkball slots in the lower half of the valvebody are too large and too long and the checkball cannot find there seats in the spacer plate. there should be 2- 1/4" steel checkball ,one in each slot . you need to fill these slots with JB WEld or another good 2 part epoxy , then using the spacer plate as a pattern mark the 4 checkball seats in the epoxy - using a 9/32" drill bit drill 4 holes in the epoxy approximately 9/32" deep at the 4 marked spots, then using the drillbit router a new checkball slot in the epoxy , make sure the checkballs will roll free from one end to the other in both slots - install the spacerplate and check to make sure the checkballs will roll from one end of the slot to the other and not over shoot there intended seat, the holes in the spacerplate should be 7/32" for the High checkball and 5/32" for the low checkball . In between the lower half of the valvebody and the spacerplate there should be a gasket ,if there is not make one out of .005" gasket material, Torque all Valvebody bolts to 55 inch/lb's
Frank"

Last edited by Mustang-junky on September 4th 2016, 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  Mustang-junky September 4th 2016, 11:34 pm

And yet another question. I'll leave the pictures up so if others have these questions they will be here.

C-6 trans questions. - Page 2 4BB4264A-9AF0-4677-B4C8-3D451B6CFA78_zpsc9mv1pnp

Top picture is TCI gasket, it is much different than the stock replacement that came in my gasket kit. Should I make a new gasket instead of the stock one? Doesn't seem like the stock one would be the right one to use.

Also there was a spot that is blown out on the TCI gasket. It wasn't supported by metal when the valve body was together. If I make a new one gasket should I make sure that the gasket is sandwiched between the separator plate and valve body?

Is heavy paper a suitable gasket material? The gasket material I see for sale around here are much thicker or cork. Thanks.

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl September 5th 2016, 1:33 am

open up the holes , .005" gasket material and a set of hole punches
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mustang-junky September 5th 2016, 9:49 pm

Thanks again Frank.

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2