BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Direct me towards some good parts.

+7
738drvr
jbozzelle
BBFTorino
stanger68
supervel45
rmcomprandy
fosixty
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Direct me towards some good parts. - Page 2 Empty Re: Direct me towards some good parts.

Post  BBFTorino August 22nd 2016, 11:51 pm

Fosixty.....take this advice.....build a very strong/heavy duty rear end FIRST!!
Its no fun crashing your car because the power overwhealms the stock components!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Direct me towards some good parts. - Page 2 Empty Re: Direct me towards some good parts.

Post  fosixty August 23rd 2016, 1:57 am

good info from all you guys. thanks so much!

frame rails will be tied together. mustang II front end with some added additional support. rear end is a 9" 31 spline but haven't decided if we are going to narrow it yet, but it will get beefed up regardless and also haven't decided what we are going to do with the rear suspension. also building a cage which will help stiffen the car up. 4 wheel disk brakes so maybe we can get her stopped. affraid

I know I should have went small block but I love these 385 motors. my dad bought a tx19 jet boat with a fresh 468 bbc built by a very very reputable builder but it didn't live long. he built the next motor and it didn't live long. another good builder built the third bbc and it didn't live. dad went to the junk yard and bought a 460, then took the block to machine shop and had it cleaned, bored ect then he put in a scat stroker kit and a set of heads off a 70 429 that he had rebuilt and a tunnel ram and two fours and a 200 shot, and ran the piss out of it for 3 1/2 seasons before he sold it. I don't know what kind of hp that motor made but everyone else had to stare at the back of his boat and he only had 3 grand in the motor. I don't think a sbc can make power dollar for dollar as well as a 385 motor. my friends think its cool that i have a classic mustang, myself, i think its way cooler that i have a stroked 460 going in that mustang!

fosixty

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 23rd 2016, 9:04 am

fosixty wrote:good info from all you guys. thanks so much!

frame rails will be tied together. mustang II front end with some added additional support. rear end is a 9" 31 spline but haven't decided if we are going to narrow it yet,  but it will get beefed up regardless and also haven't decided what we are going to do with the rear suspension. also building a cage which will help stiffen the car up. 4 wheel disk brakes so maybe we can get her stopped. affraid

I know I should have went small block but I love these 385 motors.  my dad bought a tx19 jet boat with a fresh 468 bbc built by a very very reputable builder but it didn't live long. he built the next motor and it didn't live long. another good builder built the third bbc and it didn't live.  dad went to the junk yard and bought a 460, then took the block to machine shop and had it cleaned, bored ect then he put in a scat stroker kit and a set of heads off a 70 429 that he had rebuilt and a tunnel ram and two fours and a 200 shot, and ran the piss out of it for 3 1/2 seasons before he sold it. I don't know what kind of hp that motor made but everyone else had to stare at the back of his boat and he only had 3 grand in the motor. I don't think a sbc can make power dollar for dollar as well as a 385 motor. my friends think its cool that i have a classic mustang, myself, i think its way cooler that i have a stroked 460 going in that mustang!

The shock towers are the biggest detriment to a big block in that car and you won't have that issue with the Mustang II front suspension.
It is still a big job but, you will be satisfied with the outcome.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2