BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shifter mounted gear position switches

2 posters

Go down

shifter mounted gear position switches Empty shifter mounted gear position switches

Post  kjett April 21st 2016, 1:36 pm

Wiring up my MSD Grid, and by using the shift light wire to trigger the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts, it requires some rpm drop (minimum of 200) to release and reset between shifts. Problem is I'm in a mud drag application and you don't usually get the rpm drop on the 1-2 shift to release the output for the next gear. MSD tech suggested adding micro switches to the shifter to close when it goes in 2nd and 3rd gear to trigger step inputs on the grid which will reset the light output. Anyone know of a shifter that has provisions to do that or how to rig this up on a B&M Pro Stick? Mad Or do I just need to buy and ACD or Digital Delay shift controller?
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

shifter mounted gear position switches Empty Re: shifter mounted gear position switches

Post  cool40 April 21st 2016, 8:58 pm

An rpm activated switch may be easier to use? Suspect
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

shifter mounted gear position switches Empty Re: shifter mounted gear position switches

Post  kjett April 22nd 2016, 9:13 am

cool40 wrote:An rpm activated switch may be easier to use? Suspect

Yeah but the grid 3 stage switch is another $189 plus the Can-bus at $76. Sometimes I'm wondering if it's worth the expense changing my tried and true 7-al2 and start/retard and 2-step out for this new Grid deal.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down