BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kicking around a new intake setup idea

+13
Curt
Mike R
BBFTorino
talonhead
gmsmkr
gt350hr
dirt_worker
Mustang-junky
DaveMcLain
jasonf
windsor
res0rli9
SandHillsHillbilly
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Kicking around a new intake setup idea - Page 3 Empty Re: Kicking around a new intake setup idea

Post  SandHillsHillbilly May 8th 2020, 9:43 am

Looks great! Got to love those Ross injector bungs. Makes you want to cut them in half before you weld them in place. This way you don't have to remove so much inside the port with a grinder.
SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Kicking around a new intake setup idea - Page 3 Empty Re: Kicking around a new intake setup idea

Post  57ford custom May 8th 2020, 9:09 pm

I have one of the speedmaster intakes on my fairlane and last fall before the weather got bad I did not get a chance to run it at our local track. But I did run
it down the road and it felt very strong. But we all know that the proof is to take it to the track The manifold I took off was a Weiand tunnel ram that I have 2 750 Holleys single fuel inlets like the old single inlet carbs. It worked good as I did some 10;50's at 128. The car weighs 3600 with me in it. The speedmaster that I  have on it now was very decent looking and it started good and was easy to get the carb's set for a good idle. But the carb's are very close to each other in fact they darn near touch as I have them what I call north and south as both are facing front of the car. Like the old FE 427.We will find out when this covid 19 stuff gets better and they let us go out and play.
57ford custom
57ford custom

Back to top Go down

Post  SLord82 May 12th 2020, 1:58 pm

This discussion reminds me a similar setup that a guy was selling on one of the old boards like 15 years ago. It used a weiand tunnel ram lower and a custom upper box with some sort of oval throttle body.

I even found a couple pics;

Kicking around a new intake setup idea - Page 3 460_ef10
Kicking around a new intake setup idea - Page 3 460_ef11

SLord82

Back to top Go down

Post  talonhead May 14th 2020, 1:20 am

More pics. Got left side runners drilled. Now for the meticulous setup of bung jig to hold them all in place while glueing or welding. Now to find my fuel rail socket drill. https://imgur.com/gallery/ZXUMdfJ

talonhead

Back to top Go down

Post  Calypso May 15th 2020, 5:25 am

Unless using tunnel ram base, there would be 2 separate plenums in the intake. Would be interesting to see if that works well in practice.

Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post  Narmalee May 15th 2021, 11:54 pm

Holley makes a low profile cam sensor that would clear this... glad I found this thread cuz it solves a lot of issues for my mustang project

any further progress Mike?
Narmalee
Narmalee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3