BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is the shortest distributor out there

+3
dfree383
kim
steve1071
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

what is the shortest distributor out there  - Page 2 Empty Re: what is the shortest distributor out there

Post  jbozzelle October 1st 2015, 3:17 pm

Sounds like you have a 351W distributor in there. It fits the BBF fine with just a gear change.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

what is the shortest distributor out there  - Page 2 Empty Re: what is the shortest distributor out there

Post  kim October 1st 2015, 4:31 pm

jbozzelle wrote:Sounds like you have a 351W distributor in there.  It fits the BBF fine with just a gear change.
The 460/429 distributor is the 351c distributor, they just run different length pump drives.  With the 351w and the 351c having a very similar deck height, the 351w distibutor would also fit.  The pump drives may be different depending on year of mfr for distributor.  Gear type and install height might also need addressing.  The late model hi output stuff all runs a cap adapter, but, can be retrofitted back to small diameter,  aka 70s style cap and rotor.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  66prostreetfairlane October 2nd 2015, 10:46 pm

steve1071 wrote:I need a short dist for 460 with a tunnel ram stock dist I have is 7 1/4 from block to top of regular socket type cap , would like MSD distrib. but not really crank trigger ?

Steve, that Mallory unit with crab cap is roughly 6-1/4" from intake flange to top of the cap.
66prostreetfairlane
66prostreetfairlane

https://www.reiautomationsquad.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  steve1071 October 3rd 2015, 9:16 am

Im not sure how available the Mallory dist stuff would work with the msd ,and how long its going to be around . If I can get another dist ,I will et an adapter from Uncle Charlie , and do the crab cap.

steve1071

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2