BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wards bullet with Keith's bling....bling that works as good as it looks

+12
kim
nitrous.f
bruno
jbozzelle
dfree383
Wheelie58
TravisRice
whitefield
dr's wife racing
gmsmkr
bbf-falcon
David Cole
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wards bullet with Keith's bling....bling that works as good as it looks - Page 3 Empty Re: Wards bullet with Keith's bling....bling that works as good as it looks

Post  maverick August 23rd 2015, 4:10 pm

I'd hoped for Ward to put on a better show Razz Little new car blues and Mother Nature pre-empted a stellar performance. It was fun getting together with a few of the guys, tho. Ward, keep us posted when you're going back out.

Btw....the car is BADASS. Cool
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Wards bullet with Keith's bling....bling that works as good as it looks - Page 3 Empty Re: Wards bullet with Keith's bling....bling that works as good as it looks

Post  dr's wife racing August 24th 2015, 8:54 am

I'm going deep sea fishing this weekend if the hurricane stays out of the gulf. Spent yesterday afternoon in the shop changing the shifter. It is ready to head back to the track. I have ADD. I get frustrated bit don't last long.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle August 24th 2015, 11:50 am

dr's wife racing wrote:I'm going deep sea fishing this weekend if the hurricane stays out of the gulf. Spent yesterday afternoon in the shop changing the shifter. It is ready to head back to the track.  I have ADD. I get frustrated  bit don't last long.

If the weather from yesterday stays around you'll have it smooth offshore...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 24th 2015, 1:26 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:I'm going deep sea fishing this weekend if the hurricane stays out of the gulf. Spent yesterday afternoon in the shop changing the shifter. It is ready to head back to the track.  I have ADD. I get frustrated  bit don't last long.

It's easy to get frustrated after pouring your money, blood, sweat & tears into your car, only to have unforeseen b.s. send you home from the track. I have a good friend who nearly sold me his racecar (for $100) out of frustration at the track...only to finally discover that the source of his woes was a loose fuse in the switch panel.Suspect Naturally, I'd have sold it back to him the next day...but I nearly owned it for about 12 hrs.Razz

Ward, did you go with a completely different shifter or another of the same type? 'Glides can be really fussy about linkage adjustment, can't they?

When lined out and tuned, that thing will be scary fast.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing August 24th 2015, 4:31 pm

The car had a lenco trans in it. I didn't want to remove the bracing and mount. The lower bracket was welded to chassis. It had the cable in a tight spot. The offending bracing was removed and it has a reg power glide bracket is on it. I hope it is the fix.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 24th 2015, 4:51 pm

With a fussy deal like this, I usually adjust the linkage for correct operation in 1st and 2nd gear.  Then if the Reverse and Park detents don't fall perfectly, I make a new lever to correct the length at the trans.   It's now kinda s.o.p.    Maybe just me, tho.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing August 24th 2015, 10:22 pm

I think I have it fixed. It tested fine on to the lift today. adjusted it ran it thus the gears. Every thing was fine from low to park. It staied set just fine. Think it had movement to effect it when it was on the chassis. The arm and shifter worked fine together in the other car.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr August 24th 2015, 10:29 pm

Good deal..... now let us know the next test and we will bring some more cars. hell we might just rent the track somewhere Very Happy
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 25th 2015, 6:39 am

great you found the issue Ward !!!!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing August 25th 2015, 8:46 am

bruno wrote:great you found the issue Ward !!!!
It would be great to get a track somewhere. Even if we had one lane preped. Bruno how far away are you from hitting the track with yours?
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing September 6th 2015, 10:59 am

Finally got back to the track again last night. Went to a track that I have not been to. It is in west point miss. Best kept secret around here. Talk about a throw back from the past. I'll post on it later. Back to the car. Out of the box it it was awful. Kind of skipped down the track like a stone but was trying to go straight. It is amazing what all those little knobs on the shocks will do. Had a good suspension/shock friend with me to help with adj By the end of the night it was running straight and smooth. It ran 5.30. at 134 I think. You don't get full time slips you send someone to the tower and they write it down.think Serious grudge racers. I was leaving a bit soft and shifting short at 6800. I was real happy with this. It is a full on NOS build. Cam,gears,converter and all. There were no bottles in sight. I though that was pretty good muscle for a bottle baby with no bottle. It felt so good to finally feel like I had a race car under me agan. It has been a long time.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 6th 2015, 11:13 am

Cool now spray it!!!! You should bust the 4's in half!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 6th 2015, 12:44 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:Finally got back to the track again last night. Went to a track that I have not been to.  It is in west point miss.  Best kept secret around here. Talk about a throw back from the past. I'll post on it later.  Back to the car.  Out of the box it it was awful. Kind of skipped down the track like a stone but was trying to go straight. It is amazing what all those little knobs on the shocks will do. Had a good suspension/shock  friend with me to help with adj  By the end of the night it was running straight and smooth. It ran  5.30. at 134 I think. You don't get full time slips you send someone to the tower and they write it down.think Serious grudge racers.  I was leaving a bit soft and shifting short at 6800. I was real happy with this. It is a full on NOS build. Cam,gears,converter and all. There were no bottles in sight. I though that was pretty good muscle for a bottle baby  with no bottle. It felt so good to finally feel like I had a race car under me agan. It has been a long time.

holy shit batman !!! definitely jealous------ 4.70's here they come buddy !!!!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing September 6th 2015, 1:15 pm

I sure hope so. I have a few little things to look at on the car. Go over the nuts and bolts. And I'm on my way to the track again.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nitrous.f September 7th 2015, 10:22 pm

dam! ward that's fast! Very Happy whats it weigh? 5.30 that's some 8.30's in the 1/4! good build! Shocked
nitrous.f
nitrous.f

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 September 7th 2015, 11:21 pm

So the engine seems happy and dry?
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing September 8th 2015, 8:29 am

Car weighs 2305 without me in it. Thats with no botties I'm a rather porkly 220 lbs
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing September 8th 2015, 8:33 am

Keith she is clean dry and happy. Didn't see above 6800. Or 190 deg. It was hot and humid. I'm going to check every thing out this wk. I'll keep you posted. I don't expect any issues. It was still pulling like a train at the finish line.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 8th 2015, 6:38 pm

Nice Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3