BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4Lin adjustment for quicker reaction times

2 posters

Go down

4Lin adjustment for quicker reaction times Empty 4Lin adjustment for quicker reaction times

Post  powerstrokeace May 29th 2014, 12:33 am

Guy's i'm starting with small stuff first and first week end out we messed with tire pressure setting them up to 8lbs. next I was thinking of stiffing the rebound on the shocks. I had these replace 2 years ago and the car rescaled and he put them at a mid way starting point. any suggestions?

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

4Lin adjustment for quicker reaction times Empty Re: 4Lin adjustment for quicker reaction times

Post  DILLIGASDAVE May 30th 2014, 3:15 am

If you go tnt shock valving settings just make sure that the shocks are all you change during the whole night. Pick an air pressure number, jetting, shift point, (etc, etc) & stay there on all passes.

If you have time to make a bunch of passes & start out making only one shock valving click/sweep change per pass, stay with one click/sweep change per pass for all passes. If track time/hours is limited & you decide to be more aggressive & adjust 2 clicks/sweeps per pass, again stay with the same jump in clicks/sweeps for all passes.

If your goal is to first test tighter & tighter extension/rebound settings, first make a baseline pass (or 2) at the current setting. Then tighten the extension 1 or 2 clicks/sweeps each pass until you either reach full-tight, or it flat-out spins or shakes. After you have gone as tight as you can on the extension settings, (and if you have time) you could back off the extension & see what effect looser settings than the baseline will have.

Don't forget to keep detailed notes of what happens with each pass/change.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

4Lin adjustment for quicker reaction times Empty Re: 4Lin adjustment for quicker reaction times

Post  powerstrokeace May 31st 2014, 1:04 am

These thing have like 30-32 different setting per knob. I just counted these while turning it counter clock wise and counted the clicks. Then returned them and counted them clock wise to get an idea what the base setting are. I might go 3-4 clicks stiffer on the rebound and see how things go. We will likely get 3 test runs before we race at the JUNE DIVISIONAL here in Colorado. I'm looking for reaction as we race super comp and turn these things off .100 seconds in the run. I have my last race as a base line for now

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE May 31st 2014, 7:13 am

powerstrokeace wrote:These thing have like 30-32 different setting per knob.........
Don't know why but I was thinking you had Strange shocks with less settings to choose from.  Laughing
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down