BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front planetary scaring

2 posters

Go down

Front planetary scaring Empty Front planetary scaring

Post  460bronco October 26th 2013, 5:10 pm

It appears that in a previous life my tranny spun the locating tabs off the thrust washer for the front planetary and there is a fair amount of scaring.  Question is:  I bought a forward hub from broader that utilizes a Torrington bearing between the forward hub and front planetary....will it be ok for the Torrington bearing to rest on this scored surface, or do I need a new front planetary?

If I were going to stick with the thrust washer I feel like it would be ok to re-use the planetary because the non-moving side of the thrust washer sits on the planetary.

Would you guys run this planetary with the roller bearing or get a new planetary?

Thanks again,
Jon

Front planetary scaring Image_zps59e77bf1

Front planetary scaring Image_zps5a1c8774
460bronco
460bronco

Back to top Go down

Front planetary scaring Empty Re: Front planetary scaring

Post  J.Toney November 4th 2013, 12:47 am

If the surface is flat enough (no massive trenches it looks like) for support for the bearing, it should be fine. So, is the hub cut for a bearing pocket then?
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  460bronco November 4th 2013, 8:40 pm

Yep the clearance was added in the hub. I ended up taking a spare c6 that I had apart and found a mint front planet in it, so it will be utilized in the current build.
460bronco
460bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down