BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots of "first's" today....Finally went some rounds.

+3
cool40
Wheelie58
BigRigTech
7 posters

Go down

Lots of "first's" today....Finally went some rounds. Empty Lots of "first's" today....Finally went some rounds.

Post  BigRigTech 5th October 2013, 22:59

Well - I made it to the "no box" final for the 1st time making it there in a 64 car field, my first time winning more than one round at that!Very Happy...It took 5 round wins to get there...I saw every possible scenario you can see when you go rounds and I won in all of them but one!...LOL....I was screwed in the final regardless of my .480 red light - even if I cut a good light the car spun very bad off the line and was all over the track to the point I had to lift to avoid going into the cones and bushes on the right lane...LOL...$380 in my pocket for 2nd place so that was a nice surprise. To top it off I beat my 10.79 personal best with a 10.70, 10.75, 10.74, 10.76 and a 10.68!!!...The old BBF was diggin' the good air. Hopefully I have some luck left and I can go some rounds in tomorrow's gamblers race....I'm buying a weather station from a buddy tomorrow with some of my winning's. Very Happy  7 of my 8 passes today were between 124.14mph and 124.68mph...The car did it's job and some how I drove it to the final with my lights being all over the place....Red light in the other lane one pass, double breakout that I won by going under by .02 less and a round won by cutting a .600 light and the 9.95 car in the other lane had a .703 light. I even managed to take out a 9.76 bike...LOL....1faststang is pitted next to me, feeling out his car still but he went 9.66 this afternoon so I think she has a 9.59 or better in it tomorrow morning in the wicked fall air. Twisted Evil 
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Lots of "first's" today....Finally went some rounds. Empty Re: Lots of "first's" today....Finally went some rounds.

Post  Wheelie58 5th October 2013, 23:32

Sounds like tons o fun.
Good job.
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Lots of "first's" today....Finally went some rounds. Empty Re: Lots of "first's" today....Finally went some rounds.

Post  cool40 5th October 2013, 23:42

cheers the fun factor! i wish i could find that again.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech 5th October 2013, 23:48

Wheelie58 wrote:Sounds like tons o fun.
Good job.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I watched you go to the final at the Hotrod Reunion in NH a couple weeks back? That was awesome racing to watch on Bangshift.com.....I was watching a local racer - Bruce Howatt go to the final in the Hot-rod 10.50 class (he has the Sox-Martin Mopar tribute car)....He was racing at my local track today....I've never had back to back round wins so this was a total surprise and a welcome one at that considering this is my last race weekend of 2013.Very Happy ....I hope to go rounds tomorrow too.Wink 
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech 6th October 2013, 19:45

Best run of the weekend was today in the 2nd time trial - 10.64 at 125.52mph, new low ET and best MPH to date. New best 60ft on my first run this morning with a 1.50 on a cold track. I lost to in the first round of the no box race to the same guy I put out in the semi final yesterday. He ran me down at the stripe with a .510 light and a 9.936 on a 9.92 dial. I had a .573 light with a 10.727 on a 10.70 dial. Damn good race to the stripe. By far the best weekend I've had at the track to date, I can't wait to get into my winter upgrades to sure up a couple items in the engine, trans-brake install and hopefully new paint if the funds are there. Might be a couple other changes too if the funds allow.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  soupbean 6th October 2013, 22:17

cool40 wrote:cheers the fun factor! i wish i could find that again.
X2! Trying to "beat your best" seems to take away from the fun of just racin' huh. Like a crack head chasing that first high...
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon 6th October 2013, 22:31

cool40 wrote:cheers the fun factor! i wish i could find that again.
X2. I miss it.Smile 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech 6th October 2013, 23:18

I just wanted to go rounds but I was getting new bests in the process as a bonus yesterday.Very Happy ....Fantastic way to finish the season, I was getting pretty discouraged about early exits but I know now if I can get my shit together at the tree my car can go rounds and run pretty consistent. I bought a used weather station today from a buddy with some of my winnings, my 10.66 pass had a DA of 26ft and my 10.64 pass had a DA of 16ft....Dad was saving the current weather when I was in the burnout box so I can start logging some data to try out the predictor. When I got to the track this morning the DA was -350ft....Everyone was smiling when they were looking at their slips..LOL....1faststang had a 9.54 at 139mph pass this morning too but after being out of the car for a while old "Red-eye" was reeking havoc on him. Mad 
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  Diddly 7th October 2013, 00:38

Wow jealous of the DA, pretty happy here when we hit 3200, LOL. Also jealous you can go rounds with .020-.030 packages there, wow.Suspect 

Diddly

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech 7th October 2013, 07:16

The worst air we see is in July and August and it's about 3200ft...LOL....The track is about 250-300ft about sea level. The DA was as high as about 900ft yesterday. I'm still learning to dial my car so I tend to put a time on the window that I most likely won't touch so I can run it out the back door. In the gamblers races who knows how fast the car will be in the other lane but during Sunday class eliminations I have one of the slowest cars in Super Pro so I'm usually being chased. I try to force them to break out by running it out the back door every time and they all know it..Very Happy..... If I can get better at the tree I know I can go more rounds more often...Its all seat time and I only raced 3 full weekends this year and two 1/2 weekends. Some guys are traveling the Maritimes all summer and racing every weekend. The car finished the season with no issues and drove itself on the trailer, that is the main thing.Wink...Don't get me wrong, there are some deadly "dialers" who run their dial most times and as a result those guys go lots of rounds every race weekend.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  t-bird racer 7th October 2013, 12:03

Congrats, Good times for sure.
t-bird racer
t-bird racer

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech 7th October 2013, 23:37

My buddy put his go-pro in the car so my kids can see what Daddy is up to inside the car. This was a 10.72 pass in a loss to a Camaro running me down with a 9.93...My little fella is 5 and is he ever going to be wound up when he see's this tomorrow Very Happy ...He's all about the in-car videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_8g3mKY5I0
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down