BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie with questions on engine build

3 posters

Go down

Newbie with questions on engine build Empty Newbie with questions on engine build

Post  fortee9er May 8th 2013, 1:49 am

I have a very nice 77 Lincoln Mk V with a 460/C6 combo. I want to uncork the power of the engine so the car will move the way it should rather than the asfixiated lump it is now. I looked at the proven builds and the builds for the 400-425hp & the 425-450hp look like a good target for my purposes. Although no torque figures are given for these builds I think either one of them will exceed my 500ft/lb target.
What is the availability of the D0VE heads? After all, they have been out of production for more than 40 years. Or is there an aftermarket version of these heads?
Thanks

fortee9er

Back to top Go down

Newbie with questions on engine build Empty Re: Newbie with questions on engine build

Post  dfree383 May 8th 2013, 4:24 am

what kind of budget do you have?

A set of DOVE heads are a good start for getting some compression.

Another big upgrade for those cars is gearing.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Newbie with questions on engine build Empty Re: Newbie with questions on engine build

Post  fortee9er May 8th 2013, 10:30 pm

You are right gearing would be a good place to start. That leaves my question about the DoVE heads availability. I don't see any on eBay at the moment (there is pair of damged ones) and considering that production ended so long ago what is the likelyhood of scoring a pair of DoVE heads?
I've seen the Ford Racing SCJ heads but I think they may be more suitable to a more aggresive built than I have in mind.
Budget, what budget! Don't get me wrong money is definitely a consideration but unless I can price all the parts and machining services I won't know. Hence the question about the heads.
Thanks

fortee9er

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 May 8th 2013, 11:57 pm

Dove heads are still around I have 2 sets a set of dove-a and a set of dove-c. If you need a set both set complete the dove-a are bone stock and need to be reworked the dove-c have had work on them and are set up for .650 lift with port work and set up for roller rockers.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down