BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best flowing standard BBF exhaust port

Go down

Best flowing standard BBF exhaust port Empty Best flowing standard BBF exhaust port

Post  Alvin on November 16th 2012, 9:08 pm

Which is the best flowing standard height Big block Ford exhaust port?

Alvin

Back to top Go down

Best flowing standard BBF exhaust port Empty Re: Best flowing standard BBF exhaust port

Post  schmitty on November 16th 2012, 9:19 pm

Why are you worrying about the exhaust flow? Suspect
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Best flowing standard BBF exhaust port Empty Re: Best flowing standard BBF exhaust port

Post  rmcomprandy on November 16th 2012, 9:25 pm

Alvin wrote:Which is the best flowing standard height Big block Ford exhaust port?

At OEM height ... Probably the P-51 head.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin on November 16th 2012, 9:44 pm

Not worried, just curious. I just finished a Blue Thunder standard Ford port, and wondered what to expect.

Alvin

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 on November 18th 2012, 12:29 am

BT is a good head
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 on November 18th 2012, 12:59 am

will the BT "BBC" out flow the BBF?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 on November 18th 2012, 1:10 am

I have 1 of each here, bbc bolt pattern,and a bbf one, we flowd the bbc a few weeks ago,and when I get time we will do the bbf port in a few weeks
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans on November 18th 2012, 1:47 am

Alvin wrote:Not worried, just curious. I just finished a Blue Thunder standard Ford port, and wondered what to expect.

If you did a real good job, expect 250 cfm WITHOUT a test pipe.

Lee,

The Blue Thunder BBC bolt pattern exhaust will outflow the Ford bolt pattern exhaust by about 30 cfm. A good BT with the BBC pattern will flow 280 cfm WITHOUT a test pipe,,,,and a good BT with the Ford bolt pattern will flow around 250 cfm. Remember now, that BT has a total of three different exhaust ports available with their CJ heads. 1. Ford standard location, 2. Ford 5/8" raised port, and 3. BBC bolt pattern raised port.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 on November 18th 2012, 2:10 am

c.evans wrote:
Alvin wrote:Not worried, just curious. I just finished a Blue Thunder standard Ford port, and wondered what to expect.

If you did a real good job, expect 250 cfm WITHOUT a test pipe.

Lee,

The Blue Thunder BBC bolt pattern exhaust will outflow the Ford bolt pattern exhaust by about 30 cfm. A good BT with the BBC pattern will flow 280 cfm WITHOUT a test pipe,,,,and a good BT with the Ford bolt pattern will flow around 250 cfm. Remember now, that BT has a total of three different exhaust ports available with their CJ heads. 1. Ford standard location, 2. Ford 5/8" raised port, and 3. BBC bolt pattern raised port.

Charlie Evans
thanks Charlie Very Happy i have a truck puller friend looking for more ex flow with a stock type head so this may work for him.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum