BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

msd 8544 crank trigger and the ford motor sports harmonic balancer?

3 posters

Go down

msd 8544 crank trigger and the ford motor sports harmonic balancer? Empty msd 8544 crank trigger and the ford motor sports harmonic balancer?

Post  Larry T July 9th 2012, 9:07 pm

the question is will they work with the moroso accessory arbor.the arbor bolts on like a accessory pully useing 4 machine bolts.i know the msd plate will work with the balancer but not sure if i can still bolt the moroso arbor with it?

i understand the balancer has the chevy bolt pattern bolt holes as well in other words its universal.anyone have experance with the parts i am trying to get to work together?
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

msd 8544 crank trigger and the ford motor sports harmonic balancer? Empty Re: msd 8544 crank trigger and the ford motor sports harmonic balancer?

Post  Barney July 9th 2012, 10:03 pm

As long as the mandrel also assist in locating the CT and bolts through it you should be fine.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

msd 8544 crank trigger and the ford motor sports harmonic balancer? Empty Re: msd 8544 crank trigger and the ford motor sports harmonic balancer?

Post  Wheelie58 July 9th 2012, 10:18 pm

On the MSD 8544 BBF trigger kit, the trigger wheel has multiple patterns that will bolt to either Ford or Chevy patterns. The problem that you may encounter is not the bolt pattern, but the provision for centering the trigger wheel and drive mandrel.
I do not have a Motorsport balancer here for reference, but if the wheel has a register that locates the center, it will be fine.
In many cases, a custom adapter ring is needed to make this all work. I have made a few for fellow forum racers. The ring will center the drive mandrel, trigger wheel and any pulleys accurately to the center register of the balancer. Moroso makes more than one drive mandrel, so there are variations there too.
If you are starting from scratch and use a motor plate, you may consider using a MSD 8620 BBC trigger kit. It bolts directly to the BBC type balancer and should accept most BBC type mandrels that bolt on. The transducer mount arm will be bolted to the motor plate.
The MSD 8544 Ford kit has a transducer arm that uses the factory Ford mounting and will fit either side of the engine.
If you need any help with this, just call 678-458-2033. I am an MSD dealer, and can fabricate anything else you need to make this all work.
Thanks,
Keith
KeithFulpMotorsports.com

Last edited by Wheelie58 on July 9th 2012, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : kant spel)
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down