BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

up grade cam for my 545

+9
jasonf
torino501
rmk57
68galaxie
BBFTorino
rmcomprandy
69F100
Gregaust
pedal2themetal45
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

up grade cam for my 545 - Page 2 Empty Re: up grade cam for my 545

Post  pedal2themetal45 February 7th 2020, 3:09 pm

Well when "rmcomprandy" Started talking about the cam being to big for "the 470" I am like WHAT no one mentioned a 470 execept him and then saying 4 cubes different ?? When I was and been asking about cam for a 545 cubes... as a 466 it ran a 14.5 1/4 mile. and now it is a 545..
tim

pedal2themetal45

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino February 7th 2020, 4:17 pm

What is the primary use for this truck?..... towing, daily driver? weekend drag racer?

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf February 7th 2020, 5:35 pm

pedal2themetal45 wrote: I was going from a 466 to a 545

rmcomprandy wrote:The reasoning is simple, if the cam is the 234/244.
That cam you have is probably to big for the 470 in that type application and may be more correct in the larger engine.

You said it used to be a 466. 470-466 is 4 cubes. Randy mentioned it would be more correct for the larger engine (ie the 545).

It seems to me you are ordering from the wrong people and I bet your shitty attitude sure as hell doesn't help the situation. With so many good heads on the market now why would you use Edelbrock heads in the first place??

What you need to do is see if Albert Clark will help you out. I bet he has some excellent advice to point you in the right direction.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  pedal2themetal45 February 7th 2020, 7:32 pm

jasonf wrote:.

You said it used to be a 466. 470-466 is 4 cubes. Randy mentioned it would be more correct for the larger engine (ie the 545).

It seems to me you are ordering from the wrong people and I bet your shitty attitude sure as hell doesn't help the situation. With so many good heads on the market now why would you use Edelbrock heads in the first place??

What you need to do is see if Albert Clark will help you out. I bet he has some excellent advice to point you in the right direction.[/quote]

Ok key word USED to be a 466 AND is now a 545... in the first sentence first post.

Edelbrock heads Entry level cost effective for budget. Better than the self-home ported D2's I had in when it ran 14's.

so far 20 replys and not really any help about a better cam Ie, Crane, isky, voodoo ect. or grind.
also stated mostly street and some track along with tranny, gearing and tire size in my 2nd and 3rd post..
As for a shitty attitude again 20 replys and no answer. I've been on several forums over the years as they went tits up Cooks garage, Ford Muscle and the others and never had this much trouble getting an answer.
Well I do hope Mr. Clark is thinking of helping unless I upset him too.
Thanks Take care
tim

pedal2themetal45

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller February 8th 2020, 12:21 am

pedal2themetal45 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

The reasoning is simple, if the cam is the 234/244.
That cam you have is probably to big for the 470 in that type application and may be more correct in the larger engine.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
What are you talking about???? 470 Who mentiond a 470??
To Big ??? I've ran that cam in it as a 466 and it ran grate .. the motor is now a 545..
thanks
tim

Well if it ran great in the 466 it should run fantastic in the 545 as Randy was saying it was probably more cam than the 466 needed but should work good in the 545 that's what I got out of that!!You already have the Cam and probably the correct valve springs already I would just use it in the 545 and see how it runs!!If it's not up to par in your opinion then try another cam!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R February 8th 2020, 12:26 am

Dude, loose the chip and apologize, a little humility will go a long way here. Randy is, well, Randy, take him or leave him, just understand that he has more 460 knowledge in his pinky than you will ever have. If someone missed a detail don't be an asshole, kindly correct them and wait for a reply, no one owes you an answer. When the other site turned to shit all the really knowledgeable guy's came here, hence your lack of an answer over there. Your failure to post your cam specs is on you, you shouldn't expect anyone to use their valuable time searching for them. As for your question, you bought a package that was suited for a warmed over 460, you added 80 cubic inches and change the hp/tq curve, in simple terms, your engine is now a pooch. What you need is a custom spec cam for your build, that will require detailed information that you apparently are to bothered to give. Take this any way you want, good luck with your project, hope to hear from you again, or not, your choice.

Mike

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Clark February 8th 2020, 7:20 am

To put it short and sweet a smart guy once explained to me the newer generation has a problem it called Entitlement, the fact of having a right to something.
"full entitlement to fees and maintenance should be offered"

these guys OWE you nothing this is just a helping sight, if you axe a question and someone wishes to help answer it then so be.
Now where do you think they OWE you RM has a paying business and as far as I can tell you are asking for free advice so here it is
Use turbo Tax its FREE FREE FREE FREE
you can save 15% in 15 minutes if you try Geico

If that aint your cup of tea the use this advice

UP yours and quit thinking you are entitled to anything

yours truly Albert

Albert Clark

Back to top Go down

Post  pedal2themetal45 February 8th 2020, 4:44 pm

What Shocked entitlement
I'm 68.. and don't think I was entitled to answers.. I gave nicely all information asked in my first 3 or 4 reply's.. It all went wrong when Mr RM brought up a 470 when NOT one time did I say 470.. or anyone for that matter.. I mentioned 466 to a 545.. It doesn't matter if he has a Money making shop or not to me. I was just wanting some kind of answer from someone who has knowledge.. and bring up a whole different motor than has been mentioned does not make since to me.
The weight, transmission, gearing and tire size has nothing to do with power out put of the motor.. only end results in performance of the car or truck..
Everyone is sucking up to Mr. Rm..
Now YOU telling me to F off as well that tells me your just a big D ..too.
Now you all can be HAPPY  I'm done with this site .. What bunch of D's.. execept maybe Mike M. & Mike R.
OH I didn't Axe a question I  ASKED a question and Won't ASK another one..

pedal2themetal45

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Clark February 8th 2020, 4:58 pm

First of all I never told you to F off trust me if I did it would be not mistaken. As for you leaving if there was a door don't let it hit you in the A$$ on the way out. You ask generic question you want perfect answers or what you wish to hear
. Ok here it is you are right it's as good as can be up yours Albert

Albert Clark

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust February 9th 2020, 3:37 am

pedal2themetal45 wrote:What Shocked entitlement
I'm 68.. and don't think I was entitled to answers.. I gave nicely all information asked in my first 3 or 4 reply's.. I
Won't ASK another one..

This is like a car crash lol , just too funny .

You'd think by 68 you'd learn some common manners . Someone above said Albert Clarke might have some advice , he sure did lol . I'd say he summed up "Entitlement" just right Smile That's certainly the way you come across

You gave all the information??
Yeah right . I'm sorry now I bothered going looking for the cam specs . To me cam specs actually mean something. A Performer cam tells me absolutely nothing. I don't use generic type cams like that anyway

Ah well. That's the best thing about forums and Facebook pages etc hey. People are willing to help which I have many times on various subjects over many years . But if the O.P is a dick then that's the end lol. CYA mate Good Luck

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

up grade cam for my 545 - Page 2 Empty Cam company

Post  manofmerc February 10th 2020, 11:52 am

Why not contact a camshaft co. ? Most likely this cam you have is ok for your heavy vehicle .Just not the best for your current cu.in. But ok . Randy had a cam ground for me it worked fine Don't be pissed off and don't be pissing others off these guys will help you .But I would look at lunatis available cams they seem to have more grinds for 460s than most others .

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2