BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to plumb my fuel log and regulators?

3 posters

Go down

How to plumb my fuel log and regulators? Empty How to plumb my fuel log and regulators?

Post  rocketpony June 5th 2017, 12:01 pm

So I have a fuel log to mount my 2 fuel regulators on, one regulator is a nx non return and the other is a aeromotive 13202 Which has a return.
So can I jus feed one end of my log and plug the other end, and mount both regulators on it and the return cummin from the one regulator back to tank?
Thanks

rocketpony

Back to top Go down

How to plumb my fuel log and regulators? Empty Re: How to plumb my fuel log and regulators?

Post  rocketpony June 11th 2017, 6:06 pm

Anyone?

rocketpony

Back to top Go down

How to plumb my fuel log and regulators? Empty Re: How to plumb my fuel log and regulators?

Post  kjett June 12th 2017, 8:42 am

Just my personal experience, but when we tried to use a non return and a return style regulator fed from the same pump, we had issues with the pressure on the non return side. It would only go the same as the return side. So if the return side was set at 5.5 and we wanted the non return at 6, it would only go to the max of 5.5 as the extra fuel being bled off of the other side was limiting us. We ended up putting 2 non return sides and set pressures flowing through the tool and can get where we want. Make sense?
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  rocketpony June 12th 2017, 11:59 am

So u sayin to not run a return regulator
I want to keep the return on this
Thanks

rocketpony

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett June 12th 2017, 3:26 pm

I'm saying that when we ran a non return and a return style regulator on the same pump fed to a log, that if we put the return regulator to 5 or 5.5 psi, that's all we could get out of the non return as well. In our situation, it was just easier to run 2 non-return regulators and be done. If you want to keep the return regulator, might want to separate them out.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  rocketpony June 12th 2017, 7:05 pm

Ok I gotcha
So how would you run a return?

rocketpony

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett June 13th 2017, 8:47 am

I guess the 1st thing to ask is what are you trying to do? run 2 stages, or use 1 reg for the motor and the other for a nitrous system? How large is your pump? What is the reasoning why you feel you need to run the return reg? Too many variables to give a way to go. Without knowing any of that, and throwing a blind blanket comment out, if you want to use the same non-bypass style pump (i.e. Holley blue or black, Aeromotive A1000) feeding to a log with 1 return reg and 1 non return reg, just set the pressure higher on the return reg than on the non return reg. For example, if the return reg was feeding your motor, set it to 7psi, then you can set the non return reg to 6 for nitrous.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  rocketpony June 13th 2017, 9:05 am

I'm using the areomotive pro series pump 11102, and just one stage of nitrous. So with that pump I want to run a returnĀ 
So what to use my return regulator for motor and non return for my nitrous
Thanks again

rocketpony

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust June 14th 2017, 4:38 am

We have used an Aeromotive pump very similar to that one , not sure the exact part number.
The setup we used was feed the fuel log direct from the pump, use the return reg to control pressure

Would you not TEE off before the fuel log and then run the non-return reg to control the N2O pressure ??

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down