BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good C6 builder in NoVA

5 posters

Go down

Good C6 builder in NoVA  Empty Good C6 builder in NoVA

Post  kjett June 1st 2016, 1:17 pm

Anyone have a good trans builder in VA/MD/NC/western WV they can recommend? Tired of the typical "you can't build a c6 to hold any power" and the other "just put a glide or turbo 400 in it" routines. I'm looking for someone that can fix my c6 once and for all and make it live more than 1/2 dozen passes in my mud truck! Mad
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Good C6 builder in NoVA  Empty Re: Good C6 builder in NoVA

Post  Frank Merkl June 1st 2016, 11:17 pm

what you breaking ? you have one of my vb's don't you?
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett June 2nd 2016, 7:24 am

Frank,

Yes, I'm running one of your TB bodies. That part works fine, I just keep burning up the clutches or the band. Last year the thing was out several times for either direct drum clutches or band. Can't find a shop that will set up the clearances to what you recommend on the paperwork with the vb, so reluctantly, I let a friend that supposedly knew how to build transmissions go through it and I had to pull it apart 3 times last year as a result. Thought it was all good after a sucessful event last fall and 1st time out this year it eats itself again. I'm just looking for someone to put the main part of the trans together with the correct clearances you recommend that you have tested and know works especially with your vb. I'm not a trans guy, but fear I may have to become one to make sure everything gets done correctly. Mad
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust June 3rd 2016, 5:01 am

Franks setup just works . Can't understand why anyone wouldn't follow it confused The servo, if a Sonnax has been machined or
checked ? And when checked use trans oil not assembly lube . If that was hanging one wouldn't help.

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett June 3rd 2016, 11:41 am

I know Frank's setup works, there are too many on here and the other site running his setup to his spec's with great results. Problem is you know how every engine builder or trans shop is, they know what's best and everyone else is a hack and is just guessing. Rolling Eyes After having a nice chat with Frank yesterday, I decided to just order all new clutches and will pull the thing apart and do it myself. I'm done with the local guys!
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust June 4th 2016, 2:19 am

Good decision . There is enough of us here to help you out, Sing out if you need a hand

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 June 4th 2016, 3:22 am

kjett wrote:I know Frank's setup works, there are too many on here and the other site running his setup to his spec's with great results. Problem is you know how every engine builder or trans shop is, they know what's best and everyone else is a hack and is just guessing. Rolling Eyes After having a nice chat with Frank yesterday, I decided to just order all new clutches and will pull the thing apart and do it myself. I'm done with the local guys!

I think that was a wise choice also.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 June 4th 2016, 2:43 pm

Let me know if I can come up and give you a hand with it
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett June 6th 2016, 7:52 am

crittersf1 wrote:Let me know if I can come up and give you a hand with it

you know you and Lulu are ALWAYs welcome if you want to come up and get away!
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down