BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oiling problem help please

4 posters

Go down

Oiling problem help please Empty Oiling problem help please

Post  Twistedaddiction June 23rd 2014, 11:57 pm

Hey guys it's been awhile for me to get on here , I've tuned into a busy guy lol! Anyways I have built a new truck a 93 ranger for the superstock mud racing class , we'll I still am running a 514 but beefed it up a little, it now has blue thunder aluminum heads on it and a lot bigger cam, anyways ask me more if need be,
So I rebuilt the top end this spring and since then nothing but trouble , it is not getting oil up to the pushrods and rocker arms and I'm melting the pushrods off and messing up rocker arms, I fixed it less then a month and a half ago after the first time it did it and now here I am again, same thing, so I toor it all down hopeing to find an answer once again, this time I took it to the local machine shop to see if there was a blockage in the block somewhere , no luck cam,rod, and main bearings all looked good,
I'm running 3/8" pushrods with lunati solid roller lifters and a bullett cam , comp pro magnum rocker arms,
Also the oil pump seems to be good it packs 70lbs of oil pressure even after the pushrods and rocker arms and messes up ,
I dunno what to do guys and am lost so give me any info or ask any questions I'll monitor the thread as much as possible for a while and see what you guys come up with, thanks in advance

Twistedaddiction

Back to top Go down

Oiling problem help please Empty Re: Oiling problem help please

Post  KY JELLY June 24th 2014, 12:10 am

Where is the oil hole located on the lunati lifters ? If they have not moved them that is most likely the problem. They usually will not oil the drivers side much at all.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Twistedaddiction June 24th 2014, 12:21 am

I'm not sure how or if I can post a picture on here , but they are above the grove in the lifter to let oil buy and on the link bar side , also I've been running these lifters for 3 seasons , ps I copied the post above from the 460ford.com site so I didn't have to write it again lol

Twistedaddiction

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace June 24th 2014, 12:47 am

so if you changed the cam? but used the same lifter for the past 3 years with another cam. then the cams base circle has been changed and is not oiling the top end.

am i correct in what your saying. all this started with the new cam
also noit knowing if you sent the lifter bad for a rebuild they send them to morel. they are building Lunati's lifters now. had the same problem 3 years ago but they lost my original lifters (lunati) and replace them with brand new lunati's (really morel's) we too were eating push rods in 18 passes.
I have since invested $6.99 in a priming tool and will prime every motor i build to make sure this never happens again

Ace

Last edited by powerstrokeace on June 24th 2014, 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 24th 2014, 1:01 am

cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Twistedaddiction June 24th 2014, 9:54 am

Ok guys I think I've got it fighured out , I'm 99.999 % sure that it's the lifters , I need to put some kind of small groove between the grove and the hole on my lifters to let the oil flow up easier! I posted on more then one site and talked to many different people on the phone and everybody has lead me to this , thanks again

Twistedaddiction

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY June 24th 2014, 4:21 pm

How much run time do you have on the lifters ? 3 yrs is getting old unless it sets a lot .
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down