BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1/4 stick pistol grip question

3 posters

Go down

1/4 stick pistol grip question Empty 1/4 stick pistol grip question

Post  bigblockfox468 December 31st 2012, 11:29 am

Any pointers on how to remove the button switch on the top? I don't want to dick it up trying to get it out. I'm sure it's replaceable,at least I'm hoping it is.

It worked good a couple of times, then it didn't want to release my line lock, then it didn't want to engage it, then it totally quit after only about 6-8 activations. I tested it with my ohm meter and it's stuck in the closed position. Several months back I called Hurst many a times and got put on hold...... forever. I've also e-mailed them, but still get no response Mad
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

1/4 stick pistol grip question Empty Re: 1/4 stick pistol grip question

Post  bigblockfox468 January 1st 2013, 7:57 pm

Anyone................. bounce
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick January 3rd 2013, 11:42 am

I googled "replacing switch Hurst quarter stick" and only got pictures of the parts. But looking at the new switch in its clear package, it appears to be threaded under the flange. Since they didn't include a replacment nut for the underside, I suppose it's possible that the switch unscrews from the top. Proceed with caution.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 September 20th 2013, 5:49 pm

Just a shameless bump to let you know that I figured out how to remove the switch......the guy's at Hurst weren't much help at all (cause they didn't have a clue clown  ....they told me it pulled out) but they did send me a new switch free of charge cheers 

Once I got the switch it looked like it had threads on the body.....low and behold it does thread out  Shocked  Maverick....you hit the nail on the head Exclamation 

There's a thin long plate on the back side of the shifter shaft, it attaches by a screw at the bottom, remove that screw to remove the plate to expose the wires, push down on the aluminum body that surrounds the button and while your turning it out you need to twist the wires at the same time with your other hand otherwise it will only turn so far and bind up. Get your soldering iron out to R&R the wires from switch to switch.

There you go easy as pie Wink 
Thought I'd share just in case someone else is confronted with a switch that quit.
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 22nd 2013, 10:25 am

Congratulations on your dilligence and success. Cool 
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mustang-junky September 23rd 2013, 9:01 pm

Thanks for the update. I hate it when you go searching for some info, but don't get the answers you are looking for because people don't update their threads.

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down