BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

main restrictors

+2
Lem Evans
dave d
6 posters

Go down

main restrictors Empty main restrictors

Post  dave d June 26th 2012, 7:14 pm

Do any of you engine builders use main restrictors when running stroker motors,running 4.5 stroke with 6.8 rod-street 545. I've had some people tell me the reason i can't get oil pressure is because of no restrictors and the machine shop that did my motor didn't put any in. Running solid roller cam,made 5 good passes fri at ethridge running about 45-50 lbs of pressure, number 6 pass lost oil pressure. Help Thanks dave
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

main restrictors Empty Re: main restrictors

Post  Lem Evans June 26th 2012, 7:16 pm

The restrictors from the main to the cam bearings? If so, I do not use them.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dave d June 26th 2012, 7:36 pm

Thanks ,also the pushrods that I'm running have 90thousand oil hole ---is this to much seems to be getting alot of oil up on top when priming
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 26th 2012, 7:56 pm

are your lifters in with the bars down?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dave d June 26th 2012, 8:24 pm

oil holes are away from oil galley, check that one all ready,Thanks,,sorry i didn't get to meet you over the weekend next time
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 26th 2012, 8:58 pm

dave d wrote:oil holes are away from oil galley, check that one all ready,Thanks,,sorry i didn't get to meet you over the weekend next time
i walked up where you were parked but did'nt see you but i did see you go down the track.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 26th 2012, 10:07 pm

dave d wrote:oil holes are away from oil galley, check that one all ready,Thanks,,sorry i didn't get to meet you over the weekend next time

What lifters are you running...?

I never restrict oil to the cam bearings, (unless it's a roller cam bearing where the cage blocks the hole itself). For that long stroke, I do machine the slot in the main bearing to a 9/32" hole aligning with the block oil feed hole to that main.
Some people only "hole" the center three mains and some claim even THAT is totally unnecessary.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 June 28th 2012, 12:23 am

dave d wrote:Do any of you engine builders use main restrictors when running stroker motors,running 4.5 stroke with 6.8 rod-street 545. I've had some people tell me the reason i can't get oil pressure is because of no restrictors and the machine shop that did my motor didn't put any in. Running solid roller cam,made 5 good passes fri at ethridge running about 45-50 lbs of pressure, number 6 pass lost oil pressure. Help Thanks dave

YES, solid roller cam we use them, feel free to call me, but you may have more then one problem
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 28th 2012, 2:02 am

BOSS 429 wrote:
dave d wrote:Do any of you engine builders use main restrictors when running stroker motors,running 4.5 stroke with 6.8 rod-street 545. I've had some people tell me the reason i can't get oil pressure is because of no restrictors and the machine shop that did my motor didn't put any in. Running solid roller cam,made 5 good passes fri at ethridge running about 45-50 lbs of pressure, number 6 pass lost oil pressure. Help Thanks dave

YES, solid roller cam we use them, feel free to call me, but you may have more then one problem

^^^^^ X2 ^^^^^

I've used the FRPP ones on all of my race stuff, and have never had an issue with pressure due to the restrictors themselves. Luckily, none at all...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down